• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 PRO RMK 201.6 !!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
K
Oct 11, 2012
Jackson Hole, WY
Check it out Snowest; Ted George's 2013 Pro RMK 201.6!

He brought it by the shop yesterday to show it off, the pictures do not justify how much work he has into this beast its truly a one of a kind..

His 13 was our first out the door back in September, he finished it as of yesterday just in time to go riding up near Togwotee on Sunday!

TED 3.jpg TED 1.jpg TED 14.jpg TED 5.jpg TED 12.jpg Ted Before Ater.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Whaaaaat?

So how heavy is that track?

Did you have to regear that?

Turbo? Naturally aspirated?

K
Oct 11, 2012
Jackson Hole, WY
WOW - track details? Any details you can give out?

Ted made this track using two 166" Camoplast Series 4 (2.4in lug height) tracks by bolting them together and then shaving every other outside nipple of the tracks to reduce weight. - Lots more details to come...

Dry weight of the entire sled is estimated to be 450lbs DRY...
Avid Drivers and an Anti Stab Kit..
Naturally Aspired, but with everything into his motor its about the equivalent of an SLP Stage 3 kit...

Full write up will be posted shortly..

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Ted made this track using two 166" Camoplast Series 4 (2.4in lug height) tracks by bolting them together and then shaving every other outside nipple of the tracks to reduce weight. - Lots more details to come...

Dry weight of the entire sled is estimated to be 250lbs DRY...
Avid Drivers and an Anti Stab Kit..
Naturally Aspired, but with everything into his motor its about the equivalent of an SLP Stage 3 kit...

So then 163lbs was taken off of it from stock?

Last edited:
K
Oct 11, 2012
Jackson Hole, WY
Ted George of Jackson 5959 Garage is known for his custom sled's, as he builds them completely himself using multiple name brand manufactures along with his own personal creations and modifications; his 2013 Pro is no exception.

This beast of a sled consists mainly of Ted's own personal touches and creations. The first thing people notice is obviously the 201.6.. Ted made this track using two 166" Camoplast Series 4 (2.4in lug height) tracks by bolting them together and then shaving every other outside nipple of the tracks to reduce weight. Running that track are AVID Drivers, custom made ICE AGE rails with a short rail extension on the rear and is still running stock wheels..

As for his tunnel extension, he made it completely himself but does have Skins side plates for his custom made rear bumper. His coolant tubing for his extension are custom built as well using WARD flex tubing. He retained the stock taillight.

Under the hood Ted builds and modifies his motor personally, lots of custom touches involved everywhere so its pretty tough to specify all of them. For his exhaust Ted run's an SLP pipe and lightweight silencer accompanied by a Power Commander hidden in the factory tool kit bag. For his clutching he drilled his TEAM Secondary for cooling, and has shaved and balanced the entire system, you will also notice the Otter Box mounted on top of the guard that he uses as his tool kit.

Ted relocated the oil tank, then custom built himself a new one using a propane camp stove canister bottom and a thermos top which fits neatly over the new Quick Drive belt drive.. (Black Canister pictured below)

There are hundreds of modifications Ted has built into this sled, as picture's simply do not justify the work he has put into this sled. If interested in featuring Ted's 201.6 in your magazine or publication please contact us here at Action Snowmobile & ORV in Jackson, WY at 307-733-4682

TED 4.jpg TED 5.jpg TED 6.jpg TED 7.jpg TED 8.jpg TED 9.jpg TED 11.jpg TED 13.jpg TED 10.jpg

Last edited:
E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
Better have more than a pipe and clutching to out climb a turbo’d 163 or he just wasted a lot of time and money, assuming that’s what his intentions were being that long of track.

You know those hot wheel concept cars, this kind of reminds me of that…Yea, it can be done…but why???

I

IdahoPowderHound

Jul 3, 2008
Alpine Wyoming
The 189 he built last year would climb anything. Its cool to see he up'ed it once again this year. Will be interesting to see how the extra length this year compares to last in overall riding.... now if he would invest in a pump gas turbo or a 900 from Carls to keep the track speed up...

K
Oct 11, 2012
Jackson Hole, WY
Better have more than a pipe and clutching to out climb a turbo’d 163 or he just wasted a lot of time and money, assuming that’s what his intentions were being that long of track.

If only Ted owned a computer..

He doesn't build his sleds to be the biggest nor baddest guy out there, he is not out there trying to be a hot shot either. Ted is old school (hence the stock graphics) and furthermore is 60some yrs young man!!

He's a great guy and can out ride most younger guys anywhere too.. Im not Ted therefore im going to explain his sled for him but my impression is that he does these builds to prove that it can be done, to be innovative, to make something his own, and to do what he loves to do..

Q
Mar 11, 2011
Olds
Gay? He!! no, this is where it all starts. I bet everyone thought a 160"+ track was gay back when they were the first ones made. This is COOL. Even if it's under-powered for the track This is the First I've ever heard of a 200". We all knew it was coming. This is pushing the limits and doing something new and crazy. I'm sure 174" will be average soon enough!

E

edavis0202

Jan 11, 2012
Colorado
If only Ted owned a computer..

He doesn't build his sleds to be the biggest nor baddest guy out there, he is not out there trying to be a hot shot either. Ted is old school (hence the stock graphics) and furthermore is 60some yrs young man!!

He's a great guy and can out ride most younger guys anywhere too.. Im not Ted therefore im going to explain his sled for him but my impression is that he does these builds to prove that it can be done, to be innovative, to make something his own, and to do what he loves to do..

I didn’t say he wasn’t a good builder or couldn’t ride but from the info you gave us…a pipe and clutching isn’t going to turn that track enough to compete with a stock track with turbo to justify spending money on…unless it was “250lbs”:face-icon-small-ton

Unless you can’t climb higher or boondocker better, the reason for modify isn’t worth it…IMO

I would love to hear more about this motor and so would a lot of others I’m sure.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I think it's awesome!! I love builds that are different and creative.
Knowing what a stock engined 174-3" will do to most turbo sleds I bet this sled will be VERY impressive in the deep.

K
Oct 11, 2012
Jackson Hole, WY
I didn’t say he wasn’t a good builder or couldn’t ride but from the info you gave us…a pipe and clutching isn’t going to turn that track enough to compete with a stock track with turbo to justify spending money on…unless it was “250lbs”:face-icon-small-ton

Unless you can’t climb higher or boondocker better, the reason for modify isn’t worth it…IMO

I would love to hear more about this motor and so would a lot of others I’m sure.

No worries man, It would take the man himself to tell you everything done to that motor.. I simply listed what he asked me to list for him seeing as he doesn't even own a computer!

I mean if SnoWest the magazine wanted to do a full write up on it, im sure he could go into details on everything about the sled all together! :face-icon-small-win

V

Vfrtrader

Aug 25, 2009
Cache Valley, UT
KS,

could you elaborate on the motor work? Any insights on things he's done to overcome the weak points of the cfi-2 motor? He's is thinking outside the box.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'd love to know how he set that Team Tied up.

I like this....
attachment.php

Premium Features