• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

thunderstruck movie

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
not to bad, but more of the same. turbo sleds climbing hills. honestly i started to get bored after the first 45 minutes, but to each his own

Yeah, i think it wasnt as good as last years or numba 5. Kinda disappointed. but, theres some nasty chutes pulled though!

Last edited:
P
Nov 28, 2007
Layton Utah
The climbs made on that video are absolutely amazing. To top it all off if we could actually go to the sites of these climbs they would be even more impressive not less.

I went to the premier and for a guy from Utah that loves to ride it was awesome to realize that so many great riders live right here.

I thought it was great. Our modern technology has taken snowmobiling to new levels that were not thought possible just a few years ago.

Aug 16, 2008
I usually buy the video every year, they are pretty good videos. But what i would love to see is them bring back some older sleds also. The climbs are getting so much easier to pull off due to having 300- 400 hp. I used to love the guys not making it, or almost to the top than they have to pul something out of their butts to turn around and go back down the chute. I am not as good as them but i would be better on a 300 hp sled rather than my 195 with the nitrous pushed.. side note to the riders in the videos.. By no means am i saying i could do what you are doing, nor that i am a better rider, just that you should do some taping of you guys climbing stuff that a regular sled with little modification can do. these turbo upgrades are an expense not many of us can afford..... we wanna do what you can.....

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
You guys should check out extremeteamfilms.com and watch their teaser. There are plenty of turboed sleds on it, but I have a 900 ubr with nos in my edge chassis that I sometimes ride instead of my turbo rx-1, and Dave Knight on his stock 800 dragon. I had to turn out in a couple of chutes with it, as you'll see on the teaser. This video has some big air drops, chutes, powder, and playing. You can also watch it with no music, just the sled sounds, which is great. It is a great all around video.

T
Dec 19, 2007
Boise, Idaho
TS 7 premier in Boise last night

Jim Phelan and Team TS pulled out all the stops last night in Boise . . . . . .
It was a major social event. 80% of the crew as there and the mingling and storytelling was phenominal ! Lots of sponsors donated some incredible giveaway items and they threw T-shirts at the crowd all night. I'm not sure what the capacity of the Egyptian theater is, but it was packed. They even served alcohol and no one got stupid. Didn't make the after party at the Lush next door, but I'm sure it rocked into the wee hours.
All that said...... I must agree with some of the above posts.
Seeing the incredible climbs with 300+ HP turbo sleds costing who knows how much does get a bit tedious, but there were a few stock sleds shown climbing some absolutely amazing chutes. A serious nod to the skill of some of these riders.
Randy Swenson is coming into his own and provided some awesome spectacle.
I enjoyed that Phelan is starting to show more of the whimsical side of the team as well as what happens when they don't make it. His cinematic skills are definitely progressing and the scenery is breathtaking as usual. It also appeared to me to be focused on more of the minor riders of the past. People usually relegated to a minor role were very prominent in TS7. Maybe it was just because they are getting so much better at riding. The music was good, but not great.
My family had a great time and it was definitely worth the paltry $5.00 admission fee.

M
Dec 15, 2007
Moyie B.C.
i agree... i would like to see something other then 20,000 dollar turbo sleds...

Hmmmmm.....$20,000 wouldn't buy most of those sleds, in Canada anyway! I liked the video, especially the 15 seconds my son was in it (of course I'm biased!). Swenson has absolutely lost his mind! Must be the Canadian air up here!:):):)

Premium Features