• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP on 2010 m8/cfr

K
Dec 29, 2007
Looking at putting a pipe on some Hooper ported cylinders. Have a jaws and SLP options. It will be run at low elevation and its on a CFR. Figured I would ask in this forum since they are pipe wise the same on 10-11. Just not sure if a pipe adds much on these other than weight savings. Thanks for any insight.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
SLP works well on these M sleds typically. But the porting is the unknown. You definitely want more flow...pipe and silencer combo will help. But if you really want to gain HP, Speedwerx twin pipes would likely work with more flow porting. Might need some race gas mix...but fast. Twins are harder to tune...but when dialed, they are a blast. Depends what you want...the porting is the variable...single pipe for easier tuning...twins for HP. Assuming you have a controller.

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Maybe more of a gain with other mods, but biggest gain from the SLP on 2010-11 was the weight loss, only about 8hp gain. I know they did a Stage 2 which made good power, not sure if the pipe changed for that package?

D&D has some nice pipe options for the 10-11, I know their low elevation setups really ripped on the M Series.

Last edited:

OCDsledder

Lifetime Membership
Apr 23, 2003
Cheyenne WY
Yes, the SLP Stage 2 replaces the pipe and can. I’ve been running the stage 2 on my 2010 for 9 years. It works great.

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Call hooper he will know what works with his porting. Also call Jaws if you have a Jaws single,

R
I luv my Jaws twins on my 2011 1000. They were easy to get dialed in, went with Boondocker. NOT like everyone thinks, espically for the guys that have never used them.
I built a custom intake and took the factory intake tubes off, way too restrictive and lost some weight.
Well recommended.

A
Oct 18, 2020
Would anyone on this thread be able to send a link for SLP#70-207B fuel map? It’s for their stage 1 pipe kit on a 2011 M8.

Premium Features