• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Building my own expert package

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I am thinking about picking up a 19 154 and putting a 165 on it. I don't like the 2020 colors. I would rather a black sled to wrap my way. Plus I want to put raptor shocks on the sled. So I don't see a reason not to build my own. Has anyone done this yet? My only concern is the track not clearing the tunnel end cap but I could trim if it was needed. What's everyones thoughts?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
S
Mar 3, 2014
wa
I’m not exactly sure what you’re referring to as far as tunnel end cap. But the linq snow flap can be used almost exactly the same way as the “expert” snow flap on the 2020, if you attack the snow flap to the tunnel.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I am currently riding a Xm. I guess I haven't really looked at the back of the tunnel on a gen 4. It definitely doesn't have near as much of a lip where the flap bolts on compared to the Xm. Looks like I would have plenty of room on the tunnel.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I’m not exactly sure what you’re referring to as far as tunnel end cap. But the linq snow flap can be used almost exactly the same way as the “expert” snow flap on the 2020, if you attack the snow flap to the tunnel.

You can not use the removable snow flap on the expert as there is no aluminum fold folding down on the Expert, it is not just a 146/154 tunnels switched in there it is a purpose made one that is different, regular bumpers won't bolt in either....

S
Mar 3, 2014
wa
You can not use the removable snow flap on the expert as there is no aluminum fold folding down on the Expert, it is not just a 146/154 tunnels switched in there it is a purpose made one that is different, regular bumpers won't bolt in either....

Yeah I never said to use the linq snowflap on the expert. I said you can use it like the expert snow flap if you attach it to the tunnel and let it stick out the back, much like the tiny expert snow flap does. This guy was asking about making his own expert version, not modifying an expert.

E
Oct 17, 2017
I am thinking about picking up a 19 154 and putting a 165 on it. I don't like the 2020 colors. I would rather a black sled to wrap my way. Plus I want to put raptor shocks on the sled. So I don't see a reason not to build my own. Has anyone done this yet? My only concern is the track not clearing the tunnel end cap but I could trim if it was needed. What's everyones thoughts?

I have been running a boosted 2017 850 154 with ice age 165 rails and track and skinz t motion delete kit. rails bolted right on to the 154 skid components perfectly and as far as the flap bumper situation I removed my taillight and cut the flap to about six inches long, track doesn’t come anywhere close to hitting anything Has worked flawlessly and will do it on every sled I own here on out. Motor runs about one bar higher but is very manageable via I don’t have to ride trail to the back country!!

Last edited:
T
Dec 19, 2016
Mapleton Utah
I have been running a boosted 2017 850 154 with ice age 165 rails and track and skinz t motion delete kit. rails bolted right on to the 154 skid components perfectly and as far as the flap bumper situation I removed my taillight and cut the flap to about six inches long, track doesn’t come anywhere close to hitting anything Has worked flawlessly and will do it on every sled I own here on out. Motor runs about one bar higher but is very manageable via I don’t have to ride trail to the back country!!
So if I bought rails and a track everything else will bolt up?

Premium Features