• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>>Ski-Doo 850 Summit-X: First Ride Impressions

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Take it to McCall this weekend!

Ace
No Need.
We have GREAT SNOW right here in Island Park

20170306_140117_zpsxeaxec1x.jpg

grich8888

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Fuel
You will want to run about 1 gallon of race gas with your MPI kit. We have 3 MPI turbos and 2/3 were intermittently knocking (only on very long hill climbs) The dealer said it was reading that the ECU was turning fueling down and also gave the same suggestion, add race gas. Since adding the 1 gallon of race gas it has run perfect.

Clutch
In Utah and at 9-10 K it still wants to overrev and needed more weight than I could put in. We went to the Green secondary spring in two and Purple in the another. This makes a huge difference! The difference between the green to purple isn't great but is noticeable (id stay with green). I also tried changing the primary spring from stock 170/350 to 170/300 and the sled felt like it lost its turbo. I currently have the stock primary spring in. I had as much as 35 grams of pivot weight added. I just installed the ZRP weighted ramps, bought the 90 grams and started with 6 grams of magnets in each (96g total). Still overrevs but it's pretty close. I have added 6g more but yet to ride (102g)

Summary: 1) add 1 gal of race gas, 2) Green secondary spring, 3) adding weight to the pivot probably won't be enough and you will likely need more.. I am liking the adjustable zollinger kit. You could also try the SPI adjustable kit.

its really a great turbo kit and puts just enough power at the elevation we ride. Very awesome install instructions and smiles riding all day! Enjoy

grich8888

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
What is this green secondary spring you speak of? Part number?
Is is stiffer than the purple one?

Stock high elevation secondary spring is the blue/blue. I started with black, went to green and then purple. I am actually using a dynamo joe spring yellow/orange that is close to the purple but think the purple to green and yellow/orange (dalton)are pretty close.

Dalton yellow/orange spring

https://www.ibackshift.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=37

BRP secondary springs, scroll down to
'XP/XM/XS (Q-type) chassis secondary Springs'
https://www.ibackshift.com/article/springs-157.asp

blue/blue 157/221
black 157/303
green 180/303
purple 231/303

Premium Features