• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Brace kits still needed :(

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Hilarious, the freaking posturing with some sledder's. So childish.

Maybe everyone isn't "trolling". Maybe it was a legit suggestion, if you can take your head out of your rear.

Here's a thought to you incessant "my sled is better than your sled" idiots.
What are the biggest differences between the poo and doo cast bulkheads?
One is the way they split the front into sections. The other is the way they BOND the pieces into one structural form.

Just before my thought on gluing someone mentioned there might be flex between components. Flexing cast is a good way to start a crack. Once it starts it won't stop. Nature of the material.
Poo splits the front down the middle. IMO this makes it easier to handle the stress side to side like a one ski hit. Doo splits it front to back making the seam side to side. If this seam flexes,,,,.

Maybe, just maybe, glue will reduce any UN-needed flex. Glue will definitely make the structure more one piece (stronger) that the series of rivets that focus forces. GLUE does this by spreading the load through the whole seam.

This thought came from someone who had a year of sleddin less than it could of been in 2012 due to first year issues and wishes it on no one else.
Some are just blinded by their hate. Too much of that in the world and it's infesting Snowest.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Hilarious, the freaking posturing with some sledder's. So childish.

Maybe everyone isn't "trolling". Maybe it was a legit suggestion, if you can take your head out of your rear.

Here's a thought to you incessant "my sled is better than your sled" idiots.
What are the biggest differences between the poo and doo cast bulkheads?
One is the way they split the front into sections. The other is the way they BOND the pieces into one structural form.

Just before my thought on gluing someone mentioned there might be flex between components. Flexing cast is a good way to start a crack. Once it starts it won't stop. Nature of the material.
Poo splits the front down the middle. IMO this makes it easier to handle the stress side to side like a one ski hit. Doo splits it front to back making the seam side to side. If this seam flexes,,,,.

Maybe, just maybe, glue will reduce any UN-needed flex. Glue will definitely make the structure more one piece (stronger) that the series of rivets that focus forces. GLUE does this by spreading the load through the whole seam.

This thought came from someone who had a year of sleddin less than it could of been in 2012 due to first year issues and wishes it on no one else.
Some are just blinded by their hate. Too much of that in the world and it's infesting Snowest.

And some people take things to seriously and personal......

Lmao.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Any more updates on the cracking or has the snow got deep enough and the issue has gone away

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
A friend of mine hit a tree 2 days ago. He was going 30 mph. It took out both arms on one side, the shock, the bumper and the plastics. No bulkhead damage at all.

Tahoe54

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
A friend of mine hit a tree 2 days ago. He was going 30 mph. It took out both arms on one side, the shock, the bumper and the plastics. No bulkhead damage at all.

Hope he bought a lottery ticket.

Premium Features