• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Comparison: Zbroz vs Holz A Arms 2012 Pro

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
After going thru several stock a-arms last year I finally decided to check into the aftermarket a-arms. I did decent research into holz vs zbroz and I decided on zbroz, I couldn't find any pics that really showed good detail but from what i could see the zbroz design looked more apt to resist the consistent failure I saw in the stock a-arms. So I took a shot and got a set of zbroz, now that I've rode em for a season i am even more convinced, i immediately saw how smart the design was, the construction looked super clean and precise and looking at the members and assembly the arm was way more rigid and strong than i could have imagined, really impressed. I'm also really sold on the double taper a-arms zbroz does, the members up from the endpoints meeting midway between the chassis and shock mount giving extra clearance between the any snow and obstacle the a-arm might want to contact, i've plain missed a couple of stumps instead of catching them because of the double taper. Really long post, apologies, just happy to finally have quality.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
What width did you come from?

Any change out for linkage?

Stock shocks 17 CTC?

I had the 38" before and decided to see what the 36" is all about. One thing I saw is that I have always had the skiis in the narrow position. Now if you don't actually want the skiis narrower, you can move them out and still be at 38" but now the spindles are out of the way a little bit more. We'll see. They use a 1" shorter shock, which is the same as the 13 Pros. The new arms come with shorter tie rods, which is the worst part of the install.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
The longer tie rods of the Holz kit are the worst part of that install too, horse a piece:face-icon-small-hap

displacement4me

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Alberta, Canada
Does anyone have anything to add to this now that we are into the season ?

I bent a stock upper and the price to replace it has me thinking of going aftermarket. I'm leaning towards Alt. Impact right now, but possibly a 36" ZBros if it looks like their kit is holding up from the stuff mentioned above.

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
Does anyone have anything to add to this now that we are into the season ?

I bent a stock upper and the price to replace it has me thinking of going aftermarket. I'm leaning towards Alt. Impact right now, but possibly a 36" ZBros if it looks like their kit is holding up from the stuff mentioned above.

im running the 36" zbroz. there are a couple threads on it you can look up discussing pros and cons, but if you love a nimble sled you cant go wrong with the 36" stance. did a 80 foot drop earlier this year on the stance so I know it will hold up to some serious abuse ;)

Premium Features