• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tools you may want to Carry with for the Pro

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

301fury

Feb 9, 2011
Kelowna
the dealership i bought my sled from forgot to tighten 3 out of 4 bolts. hammerd it on the trail and damn near crashed.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Water proof matches, or a flint. A large zip lock bag to put snow so you can ice your back when it gets sore from doing stupid things.:face-icon-small-con

DSC02860.jpg

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I just did as well! Thanks for the heads up. Mine was 9.95 total. For anyone else its ebay number # 180177669527

Nice!
Even better, I ordered 3 of them with only 4.95 shipping. Got one for me and a couple for friends. Merry Christmas.

I still have the channel locks that I took a grinding wheel to to accomplish the same tool for free.

Last edited:
K

kovs

Nov 29, 2007
saskatchewan
for those with the 144" assault some retard at polaris figured they should have 14mm head bolts on the axle nut :deadhorse: needless to say my buddies with the 155"s were happy i could tighten there track but not mine on first ride. I sure was mad b/c im sure i could have himarked them if not for the ratcheting (slight mods) guess thats the only thing i got to complain about it and i was a die hard doo doo er

its getting my version of a 2 wheel kit with all the same size bolts so i dont have to carry a toolbox to adjust it.

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK
A tow strap or I prefer to use a ratchet strap, allows for me to pull stuff up (A arms & Skis) tight and can be used as a tow strap as well.

I was thinking about this so I took a look at my tool kit and noticed I had left out the shock adjuster, I put it back in. My point is make sure you can change, fix all of the little stuff in the shop. If not put the tool it in the kit so you can. Easier to see how stuff works in a warm shop than on a cold trail. Then add the wire, tape, zip ties, matches, flint, lighter, safety blanket etc.

A

Arcteryx

Apr 14, 2008
North Ogden, Utah
I carry mechanic latex gloves to keep my hands sexy and smooth... ;)

No really, I do, very nice to have clean hands after wrenching. All my buddies are washing their hands with snow after wrenching. brrrrrrrr

To be fare though, Drape wears these gloves while he rides, when he eats his sandwich and when he takes a leak.
Now stop posting and go make my desk!!!

Premium Features