• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Had to leave viper on mtn

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
Riding in Island Park for a week. Hopefully, I will have my parts on the viper here tomorrow. I took out my dad's sled today (pro rmk). It's a nice sled, light weight, great handling and is fun to ride. I think they are great sleds. The only thing I didn't like on it today was the power. Doesn't have enough.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Riding in Island Park for a week. Hopefully, I will have my parts on the viper here tomorrow. I took out my dad's sled today (pro rmk). It's a nice sled, light weight, great handling and is fun to ride. I think they are great sleds. The only thing I didn't like on it today was the power. Doesn't have enough.

You can buy turbos for pretty much any brand.. Maintenance is through the roof with them though... compared to our beloved four stroke.

A
Jan 28, 2010
you can take off your reverse motor and brass turn gear! that will give you visual sight to the reverse gears and shoes to see if there is any damage

Wouldn't the damage be forward gear, it was in forward when the grinding noise occurred ? This is one of the funnest sleds I've owned, but I have this sneaking suspicion the chaincase is gonna blow if I hold her wide open for to long.

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I bet both gears are damaged. Forward gear gets the worst damage. I don't ever hold it wide open for more than 10 seconds, don't need too and if I did it would probably wheelie over when climb steep hills. Get it fixed so you don't worry about it. Good piece of mind.

QUOTE=apex 9420t;3902419]Wouldn't the damage be forward gear, it was in forward when the grinding noise occurred ? This is one of the funnest sleds I've owned, but I have this sneaking suspicion the chaincase is gonna blow if I hold her wide open for to long.[/QUOTE]

S
Jun 9, 2011
Idaho Falls
I'm glad I was able to help. I was on a week long sledding trip last week and it happened to my viper on the first day. I think my shoes broke due to cold temperatures in Island Park. It was -20 degrees when I pulled my sled out of the trailer. I was able to get my sled fixed half way through the trip. I ended up riding a 2014 RMK for two day while mine was down. It's a nice sled but way under powered from what I'm use to. The last two day we rode I had my viper back on the snow. I love the power. Good luck with the sled.

Yup sharp you were exactly right, reverse shoe broke rounded off gears. Hopefully fixed by end of week

A
Jan 28, 2010
Since my sled was gonna be in the shop anyway, I had them slap the 220 kit on, super pumped to ride it again, hopefully she's trouble free. I to have been riding pro 16 axis as back up, nice sled but miss the power

Premium Features