• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled for my 10 year old

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
There was another Chinese sled out a few years ago as well. Same outfit, new name?
With a whopping 14.5hp rating, I don't see these going far.... I mean fast.
I don't care how torquey a 4s is. 10hp pulling a long track at altitude doesn't seem nearly enough for anything bigger than a 120 size machine.
Unfortunately until one of the big 3.5 decide to make an entry level sled, all you dads with kids coming into the sport will be buying and/or modding old machines to have a decent kids sled.
Besides, the lack of parts availability for the China bombs would make it a no go even for half the cost. At least I can easily buy OE, aftermarket or used/junkyard parts for my kids' sleds. That's a deal breaker if a guy can't run to the local PooDoo dealer and grab an A arm or clutch spring or something when on a sledding trip.
Too bad the newer Phazers are such a tank weight wise. They looked like the next kids/beginner machine.
I'd still recommend the OP find a known brand fan cooled sled.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
My son has a 95 Jag, 440 that he bought himself last year.
He's already looking to upgrade.

It's in very good shape.
We put about $650 into it. New skegs, giant wide ski skins, new heavenward, new grips. It's great for the kids.

2200 miles.

It's a very stable sled. He can't tip it over.

Anyone interested in it?

Snow Duck

The Great and Mighty SnowDuck
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2009
Kuna Idaho to Elk City Idaho..
My son has a 95 Jag, 440 that he bought himself last year.
He's already looking to upgrade.

It's in very good shape.
We put about $650 into it. New skegs, giant wide ski skins, new heavenward, new grips. It's great for the kids.

2200 miles.

It's a very stable sled. He can't tip it over.

Anyone interested in it?

I want your 120 and you admit you own a cat! OMG

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I want your 120 and you admit you own a cat! OMG

I DON'T own a cat. My son does. He paid for it and then plastered it with Polaris, MotorFist and Klim stickers. Haha
And he still gives my cat-owning buddy hell every time he sees him. Haha

My 7 year old doesn't ride the 120. She hasn't since last Christmas when the boy brought home the Jag. I'm trying to get her to let me sell it.

D
Mar 29, 2015
I have a Phantom for my kids. That is the name they were before. I bought it used and they have a blast on it. They did overheat it last season. Since I didn't have any experince working on engines I decided it would be a good place to start. I had no issues finding motor parts. It has a CF MOTO engine in it and there are lots of parts out there for them. You might run into issues trying to find suspention or other parts that might be specific to the sleds. I am not sure I havent tryed.

I ended up putting a Big bore kit in it got it up to 265cc. I also switched it over to EFI because I thought it would be an intresting project. Next is a turbo lol

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
I have a Phantom for my kids. That is the name they were before. I bought it used and they have a blast on it. They did overheat it last season. Since I didn't have any experince working on engines I decided it would be a good place to start. I had no issues finding motor parts. It has a CF MOTO engine in it and there are lots of parts out there for them. You might run into issues trying to find suspention or other parts that might be specific to the sleds. I am not sure I havent tryed.

I ended up putting a Big bore kit in it got it up to 265cc. I also switched it over to EFI because I thought it would be an intresting project. Next is a turbo lol

UMmmmmm Im just posting to say IM decker #1 hehe cant you be #2?
face-icon-small-tongue.gif

Premium Features