• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

belt off set on the new viper

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
100 miles and the orange belly pan is now black, gonna switch out my 8dn break in nice and smoothly with a trail ride and see how it works out. 8jp is sh!t belt.

The orange belly pan is now black ? ... Is your engine compartment all black to ?...Warranty. LMAO

2015 Break In....

1. First 100 miles @ 6000 rpm on and off the flipper
2. Next 200 to 300 miles @ 8000 rpm on and off the flipper

If your blowing stock belts during proper break in your dealership needs notified ASAP before you begin believing anything you read on the Internet.

DPG

Last edited:

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Factory belt is a POS - the nytro belt is the belt needed. Give it a rest DPG your talking out your azz.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Stock 8Jp belt is working great so far no whining about brake dust over here.... What does your dealer tell you about the junk belt on the new sled you just bought.?

DPG

Last edited:

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
DPG I don't go by what the internet says otherwise I would full retard from listening to you, how can you say anything about the viper didn't you sell yours anyways?

This is my 4th 4stroke yamaha, I know how break in works and how to properly do all setup and maintenance, I make my living as a mechanic. I don't go to my dealer to ask what's wrong it's usually I tell them what's wrong so they can help other customers. My bill of sale even says I'm certified tech so I do all my own warranty repairs, dealer supplies parts

I'm gonna continue to use my 8jp belt to set how long it lasts, but I have a pile of 8dn's that I plan on using afterwards.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
I'm gonna continue to use my 8jp belt to set how long it lasts, but I have a pile of 8dn's that I plan on using afterwards.

That good to here most folks are putting on miles there 2015 and as the snow gets deeper will be able to hammer the stock belt to see how it fairs....If you maintain your setup correctly your stock belt should do just fine with a good setup.

My point being about the dealership is very simple....if you just bought a new 2015 sled and you were blowing belts at 100, 200 or even 300 miles theres a warranty to cover that...If the dealer discovers you altered the sled the dealership might tell you to take a hike.

DPG

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
That good to here most folks are putting on miles there 2015 and as the snow gets deeper will be able to hammer the stock belt to see how it fairs....If you maintain your setup correctly your stock belt should do just fine with a good setup.

My point being about the dealership is very simple....if you just bought a new 2015 sled and you were blowing belts at 100, 200 or even 300 miles theres a warranty to cover that...If the dealer discovers you altered the sled the dealership might tell you to take a hike.

DPG
what is your sweet setup? i have over 300 miles belt looks good but lots of dust and i could care less which belt i run as long as its the one that will last i could never get a polaris belt not to show threads after 300 miles

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
what is your sweet setup? i have over 300 miles belt looks good but lots of dust and i could care less which belt i run as long as its the one that will last i could never get a polaris belt not to show threads after 300 miles

Curious how are your clutch faces looking ? Is your clutch is shifting all the way out ?

DPG

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
5th new Yami sled and on 6th bike, clean away but after a long day it is what it is, way to much belt BS for us that really rack up miles in a day! Well you need to carry 5 gal out to the glacier, and have enough beer for the day, I'm gonna burn them all and belt dust is the least of my worries:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features