• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

belt off set on the new viper

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Who changes a belt on a Yamaha? 5 turbos and never changed a belt(except for the hell of it one time). And that includes pulling Poos,Doos,Cats, and Yammies out.

Good point. But last year when I was testing clutch setups I had the belt off and on more than a 2012 M8...lol.

Stop and think though, we are all spun up on changing a belt when if we had that other sled we would be talking about changing an engine!

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
talked to Neil and they have had very good luck with the 8j belts. I'm going to run that until I have issues I guess.

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
talked to Neil and they have had very good luck with the 8j belts. I'm going to run that until I have issues I guess.

I put couple hundred kms on last weekend at 8 lbs boost wet heavy deep conditions belt is perfect so far minimal dust in side panel

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
yah dont think these belts will be a prob but will try for awhile & see how they do & go from there.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Talked to Prince George and he seemed to think now matter how much you shimmed it it would be out of whack? So 8j until i have issues and then we'll hammer the 8d belt and figure it out.

Tomkat700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2013
Pierce, Co
Matt @ MPI suggested to me a 8dn set up properly, the shop doing my turbo install is switching it out for me, I will report back with my results.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Matt @ MPI suggested to me a 8dn set up properly, the shop doing my turbo install is switching it out for me, I will report back with my results.

Must be speaking to Matt @ Meatballs & Pasta Inc....Matt @ Mountain Performance Inc. hasn't had any issue with the stocker in over a year of testing according to them....If you take good care of clutch like many of us do you will have good stock belt performance.

DPG

Tomkat700

Lifetime Membership
Feb 26, 2013
Pierce, Co
Must be speaking to Matt @ Meatballs & Pasta Inc....Matt @ Mountain Performance Inc. hasn't had any issue with the stocker in over a year of testing according to them....If you take good care of clutch like many of us do you will have good stock belt performance.

DPG

No, Matt at Mountain performance inc. Why do you always have to shoot your mouth off when people are suggesting things that might be a improvement to stock. From what I have read about the 14 Viper this is an issue and as stated I will report back with what I find. Is your Viper even running boost?

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Powder Guy View Post

DPG

No, Matt at Mountain performance inc. Why do you always have to shoot your mouth off when people are suggesting things that might be a improvement to stock. From what I have read about the 14 Viper this is an issue and as stated I will report back with what I find. Is your Viper even running boost?

I have DPG on ignore so I only see these quoted...and wish I didn't. I call shenanigans, even on the Yamaha turbo demo rides they had belt issues so why would anybody from MPI say any different? Do a Google search MOST Viper owners with over 200 miles on there sleds now run the 8DN, Ulmers fastest clutch kit comes with it. Or just believe DPG.

Damn did I just feed the troll again?

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
100 miles and the orange belly pan is now black, gonna switch out my 8dn break in nice and smoothly with a trail ride and see how it works out. 8jp is sh!t belt.

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Do a Google search MOST Viper owners with over 200 miles on there sleds now run the 8DN, Ulmers fastest clutch kit comes with it. Or just believe DPG.

Damn did I just feed the troll again?

You just have to ignore his BS about the belt.. Back in august before the 2015 even were delivered to the dealers this space cadet was already dogging the stock belt.

DPG

Premium Features