• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha Viper MTX now in production

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
My favorite little bird tells me that the stars have finally aligned and the new Yamaha Viper MTXs are on the assembly line being built now.

A_little_bird_told_me_by_bruno_sousa.jpg

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
My favorite little bird tells me that the stars have finally aligned and the new Yamaha Viper MTXs are on the assembly line being built now.

A_little_bird_told_me_by_bruno_sousa.jpg

sucks to hear that means prob nov befor i see mine,wonder how many they build per day.:face-icon-small-dis

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
sucks to hear that means prob nov befor i see mine,wonder how many they build per day.:face-icon-small-dis
Ya, that one is HARD to say.
I think they will start rolling out for delivery in late October.
But who knows where each of us is in the que??

You never know, the Snow Gods just might smile on you and you get a sled early!!:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
There is a video on YouTube of the cat factory assembly line. They claim they can build 350 snowmobiles a day with 260 workers. However mine is still showing December delivery. Figure out that math on mtx sled sales.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I watched the video on their factory...pretty impressive. I will say it will be a lot more impressive if I get my sled sooner rather than later. I'm trying to plan out a road trip/family vacation around the delivery and it isn't easy.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i must have got the first one off the line,mine is on its way too me,was told it was crated yesterday,maybe the le models were first.:face-icon-small-coo

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
i must have got the first one off the line,mine is on its way too me,was told it was crated yesterday,maybe the le models were first.:face-icon-small-coo

You know border patrol guys aren't to smart....it will take weeks before you receive your sled because those guys at the border are going to be confused when they inspect the crate only to see Yamaha's being smuggled into Canada via AC factory documentation.....You know I forgot to mention I'm in negotiation will all the 4 major brands requesting locator beacons be installed on the semi's delivering sleds....As a perk when you snow check a 2016 sled you will be given a pass code so at your finger tips you can track the movement of your sled once it leaves the factory.

And foreseeing those delays at the border I'm going out on a limb to say Christopher will have his new Yamaha 1st.

DPG

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
iam really surprised he doesn't have his already with all his contacts:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-hap.
Ya, well, I am getting NO special treatment on this one.
And its NOT because I didn't try to get it sooner.

I BEGGED so I could get started on Install articles for the summer/fall season.

The sleds just didn't exist, and only went into actual production a few days ago.

Y

yamahajohnson220

Jan 4, 2008
0 to 1000 how many do you think will get built ?

DPG

38 days till Dec 1st x 350 per day 13,300 sleds might be close.

DPG

I still have not heard of or seen of one built yet. If I remember right, the 2015 yamaha debut was the first of the four manufactures. And yet they are the last to build and ship a mountain sled. As of now dpg is right with zero. Let's get going arctic cat....wait any longer and our engines are gonna need oil changes before they even hit the chassis

Premium Features