• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

C3 chassis cooling issues

G
Oct 2, 2010
Wondering if anyone else has had any cooling issues with their C3 Powersports chassis? I think my main problem is that the Ez Ryde skid and 155 track sticks out a little further then my tunnel, but with the coolant flowing through the bumper I'm wondering if the coolant isn't spending enough time in the rear cooler to properly cool it down. Sled runs fine in the deeper snow but as soon as there is low snow conditions on the trail or during spring riding it overheats.To fix this I tried switching to the XM snowflap since it sticks out a little further and put some titanium scratchers on (which only lasted 2 kms down the trail before both broke off). My next steps will be replacing coolant with Engine Ice, trying the new Doo reversible scratchers, and possibly doing a single port after every center lug on the track. I really want to replace the 2.5" track with a 156X3 track but I'm worried that it'll cause more cooling problems.

IMG_0154.jpg

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
does that thing even have a rear cooler? looks like it only goes thru the rear bumper and if thats the case, take the snow flap off, thats hurting you more then helping!

G
Oct 2, 2010
Yes it has a rear cooler, but the inlet to the cooler is smaller then the bumper. So I am wondering if there's any restriction going into the bumper to keep coolant flowing through the cooler rather then mainly circulating through the bumper

Premium Features