• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cvteck short block?

B
May 13, 2009
blew my 2010 800r engine the other day
thinking about cvteck short block
any one out there get one of these engines
and how are they holding up

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I haven't dealt with them in 2-3 years but they were very hit and miss when I did do business with them regarding shortblocks. Probably a dozen that had no problems, and 2 that I had a helluva time with.(used rods, used bearings)

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
I bought a rebuilt crank from them a few years back. Lasted for 75 miles and then snapped. They didn't want to warranty it because they "tested" the bearings and said they had 1500 miles on them. That tells me that crank wasn't rebuilt. Just a bunch of scrap put together. I did finally get the crank replace but had to pay for the other damages the crank caused. I won't buy from them again.

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
I bought a rebuilt crank from them a few years back. Lasted for 75 miles and then snapped. They didn't want to warranty it because they "tested" the bearings and said they had 1500 miles on them. That tells me that crank wasn't rebuilt. Just a bunch of scrap put together. I did finally get the crank replace but had to pay for the other damages the crank caused. I won't buy from them again.
x2
Never again!! I buy ONLY BRP rebuilds now I got a great supplier for all this stuff.

Premium Features