• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yammie dudes lovin arctic cats

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
How many Vipers or Cats have you ridden to relay this expert opinion.

VIPER just had the FIRST 4 stroke win EVER at Jackson Hole Hill CLimb

Ouray knows nobody likes the Pro anymore and he is sad and venting. Hey Ouray did you see this by Neil from BOOST-IT,

Originally Posted by polarcat39
Can you elaborate for a rookie on why it's 9 out 10 times? Is it the power difference for hill climbing? Handling ability? Reliability?

We know the reliability is better and belts are less than half of the price. I can get more power out of less octane, and you can't even compare the torque.
The deep snow handling is actually better on the Viper, and the power band is much more manageable.
The Viper also rides better than my Pro on the trail, not to mention the engine vibration is non existent with a four stroke.
We ride a lot of icy trails in the spring and the Polaris cooling system is not the greatest.
With the Viper I don't have to add oil every couple days, and my clothes don't smell like two stroke smoke.
The Pro turbo is good at a lot of things, and I really enjoy it....I just prefer the Viper so it gets the miles this season.

Is he right or are YOU?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Published on Mar 26, 2014
Team Yamaha takes home their first World Championship at the 2014 Jackson Hole Hillclimb. Catch all the action here!

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pAj8Shi44a0?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>

Yamaha Wins at Jackson Hole; Gavin Balls Romps SRViper M-TX Fastest to the Top
Pleasant Prairie, WI – The steep and rock littered ascent up the vertical face of Snow King Mountain in Jackson Hole, Wyoming has become the ultimate proving ground for both mountain man and his machine. This past weekend, it was Gavin Balls and his 2015 SRViper M-TX proving to the world Yamaha has returned to the snowmobile mountain segment in a big way, as Gavin and his Viper M-TX beat the best for the win in Improved Stock 700.

Just two weeks prior, Gavin and the SRViper M-TX did what many thought was impossible, finishing on the podium in second place in Pinedale. Turns out that was just a precursor to what most would consider the biggest stage in hillclimb competition, Jackson Hole.

After just missing the final field in several classes during qualifying the previous day, Yamaha racers and technicians set about making some last minute traction calibrations in hopes of turning the tide. “We had been working on our suspension and traction set-up for the past couple of weeks,” said Mountain Race Team Manager Troy Johnson. “None of our racers had seat time on the new sleds until a few weeks ago, but we were real good from the get go and just had to find that small edge to put us over the top.”

That competitive edge combined with Gavin’s acute ability to find lines other hadn’t is what put the Viper M-TX atop the podium.

“There was a real tricky section about two-thirds up where someone had trenched out,” said Gavin after his victorious run. “Everyone was having a hard time getting through.”

However Gavin found the line others didn’t, and using the smooth and predictable power only a four-stroke can deliver, and the balanced and maneuverable control of the new Viper M-TX, Gavin nailed the line perfectly and sliced his way through to the top.

The win backed up the Pinedale podium and clearly demonstrated the abilities of the new SR Viper M-TX. For an encore, Gavin went on to claim third in 700 Modified and finished in the top ten in 800 Modified; a huge accomplishment given the class was filled with more than 35 of the best riders in the world, many of whom were on more powerful sleds. Yamaha teammate Chad Jorgensen added a fourth-place finish in 700 Mod to cap off the historic weekend.

“We’ve had Jackson Hole circled on our calendars since early winter,” said Yamaha Snowmobile Product Manager Rob Powers. “We knew the new Viper M-TX would open some eyes once our racers had some seat time. It was rewarding to see the hard work by everyone involved in this project (SR Viper M-TX) pay-off in a big way. Our booth at the base of the hill was filled with other racers and fans not only congratulating us, but also looking at the M-TX in a new light.”

With momentum building, the Yamaha Hillclimb team will continue to test and tune in preparation for the final three Rocky Mountain Snowmobile Hillclimb Association (RMSHA) events on the calendar. The next race is slated for Crested Butte, Colorado, April 12-13.

Last edited:
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
But I do have a better toy.... Just trying to save you guys the embarrassment once those tanks hit the hill. Seems like a waste of time as blind as some of you are to the facts but, somebody needs to be performing this public service. I apologize that it has gotten your undies all in a twist. I wonder if that is because there is so much painful truth in my posts? Too much for you to handle... I understand.

how would you know tell us how many miles you got on a viper,you cant get facts without trying something.cant get my undies in a twist,i have rode both & can give a honest opinion,were as you obviously a person that hasnt & for some reason has the need to come on every viper thread to make him self feel better about what he rides.once again i dont care what you ride & i have nothing bad to say about the poo fun sled to ride,if they could get a 150+hp out of there motor & make them last more than 2500miles then i would probably own one.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
says the guy that has his sled pile drived into a bunch of timber. This is gonna be a good thread. Get your popcorn.

up-high

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta Canada
Ouraysledder has to come on the Yammie forums cause no one want to talk to him on the Poo forums. For someone who hates Yamaha he's on the Yamaha forums more than I am!! Does he even own a sled? Anybody seen him ride? Can he? Or is he a KittyKat rider? Acts like he's about the right age.

Bubba

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
turkey ridge sd
If he's happy with hid pro thats fine, but it take's a man to ride
a four stroke because they are more pounds to move around, if
your a little week dude stay on your smoker, but stay off the hills
you guys get in the way a lot, you stay in the trees with momma.:closed_2:

H

HANDSOME

Nov 28, 2007
Pouce Coupe
anybody can ride a polaris. I cant understand why some are so concerned when someone else wants a YAMAHA TURBO. There should be a support group for these poor people.

S

Siknytro

Feb 17, 2014
Ft. McMurray Alberta
raquqe6y.jpg

Sent from missing plane.

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Nobody is arguing that the pro isn't a good sled. When was the last time yamaha won anything at Jackson? The fact that they pulled off a win says a lot about how far they have come, and those of us who bleed blue are excited. Who can blame us?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nobody is arguing that the pro isn't a good sled. When was the last time yamaha won anything at Jackson? The fact that they pulled off a win says a lot about how far they have come, and those of us who bleed blue are excited. Who can blame us?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's the whole problem here motojunkie. Yammi says we have something decent here and yammi faithfil are excited. But there are a few people on here that have there skirts above there heads trying to read through the writing that somehow(for whatever reason even though we havent' said a negative thing towards there sled) that yammi is calling there sled junk. I just find it hilarious that they are that bent out of shape over another brands success. Keep the popcorn cooking, I'm sure these guys aint' done.

J

jkjasperson

Jan 28, 2008
Rock Springs, Wyoming
Im a cat guy to the bone, I bleed green, But I honestly think the new Yamaha/Yamacat whatever you want to call it is going to be the dark horse this year. All these guys talkin smack on it are gonna change thier tune *** soon as they get mopped up by one next year. It is going to be an amazing sled.

J

jkjasperson

Jan 28, 2008
Rock Springs, Wyoming
I normally stay out of these p*issing matches, but seriously, yammicat wins one class and who cares? Poo poo won 10/12 and swept King of Kings. That is something to step back and admire...And really, it is obvious that both AC and Yammi will get increased sales from this venture. Can we just leave it at that?

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/company/news-item.aspx?articleID=228

You could put Kieth Curtis on a Blizzard 9800 and he would win. Curtis is King of Kings not Poo.

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
its has the Yamaha name on the sled so there for I say its a Yamaha.....and holly cow that video said balls a lot.

He said "balls" lmao thats what we need is a little humor.

Premium Features