• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest March 2015: "A New Generation of Yamaha Mountain Sleds is here"

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Lol! You are truly delusional if you think a 4 year old chassis mated with a 6 year old motor is suddenly "king of the hill". lol

Anyways back to topic. Why isn't this sled in the shoot out stock vs stock? Like I said above if the riding weight is close to the same as the Poo and Doo and the stock Hp isn't that far off from the Poo why not throw it in there? And for the factory authorized turbo guys it can be run against the 1100t stock turbo vs stock turbo class.

This is what a correctly clutched Viper does, you might want to rethink your statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeiNuxIomcE

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JeiNuxIomcE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by a moderator:
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
i dont care about a class just the top sleds from each,if poo chooses to offer a turbo so be it,i dont care just the top sleds.you poo guys are spending allot of time in the yammi section & have amazing knowledge of a sled you have never rode befor.:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-coo

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
This is what a correctly clutched Viper does, you might want to rethink your statement.

What am I rethinking? Are you saying it's got the power to compete or beat a 2s? If so your proving my point which is if it's got comparable power and Yamaha has proved its close to the same riding weight it should be compared to the others stock to stock.

D

Drifter

Dec 16, 2007

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JeiNuxIomcE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You realize this is a MOUNTAIN RIDING fourm? No buddy cares who wins a race down a groomed trail. What sled are you even racing there? Looks like Yamaha vs Yamaha.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
You realize this is a MOUNTAIN RIDING fourm? No buddy cares who wins a race down a groomed trail. What sled are you even racing there? Looks like Yamaha vs Yamaha.

Sorry if you missed reading the part where this fix was developed by me for a Viper mountain conversion. I showed this video as I have not taken any, that and this fix works for ALL Yamaha's regardless of altitude. The comparison is good because pretty much everyone knows the speed of a Nytro.

And your Poo has a better chance on the trail than in deep snow against a Viper MTX with the 2.6 powerclaw, so I don't know why you are upset?

O
Dec 6, 2007
And your Poo has a better chance on the trail than in deep snow against a Viper MTX with the 2.6 powerclaw, so I don't know why you are upset?

Thats funny.... I have been breaking trail for Cats with 2.6 powerclaw tracks all season on my Pro.

I can't wait for next season when all you delusional Viper riders hit the snow and find out a 25% wieght penalty is not making for a very nimble sled. Bring it on.

As a side note, it is nice to see that the mods are again(still) deleting posts with no notification and doing so to further YammiCat marketing. Good job Christopher:face-icon-small-dis

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thats funny.... I have been breaking trail for Cats with 2.6 powerclaw tracks all season on my Pro.

I can't wait for next season when all you delusional Viper riders hit the snow and find out a 25% wieght penalty is not making for a very nimble sled. Bring it on.

As a side note, it is nice to see that the mods are again(still) deleting posts with no notification and doing so to further YammiCat marketing. Good job Christopher:face-icon-small-dis

NOT A CHANCE BUCKWHEAT.

No posts have been deleted in this thread.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

NOT A CHANCE BUCKWHEAT.

It's true. Nothing has been deleted here.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Funny... Seems like Stingray is missing a post and my response to it is also gone. I am sure it was just my imagination....

I've had a couple of posts that did that too. I've seen that.

I typed a post and then went to look for it later and it wasn't there. It's like it never got posted. Didn't look to see if it was on the treadmill.
I went back and retyped it later and it stuck. Honestly, I'm not sure what happened.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Funny... Seems like Stingray is missing a post and my response to it is also gone. I am sure it was just my imagination....
FWIW.
When a post gets deleted here on SnoWest, it doesn't usually go away.
Its just "hidden" from normal view of the members.
An Admin can still see it in the normal flow of the thread.
And when one is actually HARD DELETED by an Admin, it leaves a black place holder in thread.

Point being.
I can always see when someone's post has been altered or edited, either by the poster, a moderator, a Super Moderator or an Admin.

Members get REALLY TESTY when their posts go missing so there has to be some mechanism for me to see what actually happened.

m1kflyingtiger

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2010
Soldotna, AK

NOT A CHANCE BUCKWHEAT.

Well if course there have. How else could you explain the lack of negative ride reports. Snowest must be censoring if such a high percentage of the people with ride time like it. :face-icon-small-dis

But seriously, not sure I understand where the bashing comes from. Let the product speak for itself. If it's cr@p that can't keep up after a season no one will buy them. If not, the sales will show how well they are liked market wide.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Well if course there have. How else could you explain the lack of negative ride reports. Snowest must be censoring if such a high percentage of the people with ride time like it. :face-icon-small-dis

But seriously, not sure I understand where the bashing comes from. Let the product speak for itself. If it's cr@p that can't keep up after a season no one will buy them. If not, the sales will show how well they are liked market wide.

Bashing comes from the fact they know its good and have to raise thiers by lowering yours. Poo guys are very afraid of the MTX Viper. The ONLY place a Poo Pro beats a MTX Viper is extreme sidehills.....the only place.

sledheadd

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
too far from mountains Alberta Canada
LOL! The Poo guys are worried and I see why. I am not grumpy I find it amusing so many Poo riders are bashing out of fear thier sleds are not king of the hill any more.

I agree the rmk ain't king of the hill anymore but it's definitely not yamaha that is. The XM has that title !!! ANd I own both a rmk pro and a yammie, I'm not biased here.

Premium Features