• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 SR VIPER MTX***Check out this vid!****Sick!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
I saw these sleds in action.not impressed.turbo lag is horrible.that's all I'm at liberty to say.and yes ouraysledder is an idiot.

if it had lag then something was not right,front mount no head shim = no lag,i have talked to a bunch of guys that have rode the 2015 proto & not one has said they had lag.

Mountaintech

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Bend OR
I saw these sleds in action.not impressed.turbo lag is horrible.that's all I'm at liberty to say.and yes ouraysledder is an idiot.

I have long wondered whether the current Viper turbo kits have a certain amount of lag considering there is about a good 3.5ft. of exhaust piping between the head and turbo. No one is talking about it though. Reminds me of the RX1 days where we used to argue about turbo lag between front and rear mounts.

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana
Well the prototypes we rode must be different cause there was no lag on them they were very impressive my only complaint is it would have been nice to run 8lbs vs the 5-6 the tech said they had them set at..

L

LuckydawgAK

Feb 13, 2011
Aurora, CO
What is up with the trolls on the Yamaha pages? They are like someone that can't handle a bit of peer pressure for dating the curvy woman (Nytro) and couldn't make them perform. They can be more fun in many ways. The extra torque, boost, grab on and go for a ride!

Looking at M8Brap's post history it looks like he was probably drunk posting, he had pages and pages on the "last poast" thread. MPI makes a great product and if anyone has tried one of these, there is no lag. Matt, great product!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Seriously.
Did you actually ride the prototype MPI TURBO VIPER??

THERE IS NO LAG.
NONE.

That sled was a total frikin BLAST to ride.

And please note.
I am NOT a Turbo Fan.
Not even a little bit.
I am STRONGLY BIASED towards the Supercharger (being that I have both a Turbo Nytro and a Supercharged Nytro).
That said, I would seriously consider the Viper in Turbo configuration.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Come on Christopher, he's a troll. A 12 year old troll, everyone can see that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could very well be.
Nevertheless he needs to be called out and made aware that that his time is better spent in a different sled manufacturer's forum than the YAMAHA one.:face-icon-small-hap

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
Quick question for u yammie guys, does the bdx spindle kit work on the Yamaha viper? If I were to consider going this route(which I actually may), I want to dump the huge stock spindle. They really seem to impede deep snow performance. The bdx I think would work cause it's basically like a m8000 bulkhead without the charge pipe in the way. Thoughts?

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
Quick question for u yammie guys, does the bdx spindle kit work on the Yamaha viper? If I were to consider going this route(which I actually may), I want to dump the huge stock spindle. They really seem to impede deep snow performance. The bdx I think would work cause it's basically like a m8000 bulkhead without the charge pipe in the way. Thoughts?

I got the same question kinda. but i ride the 13 m800 and i dont see how people say the spindle grabs in the deep powder. maybe i just cant feel it or something. i have a 13 doo and 13 poo as well and i dont see how the spindle grabs. could someone explain a little. i like the big spindles because it gets the upper a arm out of snow more. i dont know. just speculation

M

m8braaaap

Banned
Dec 3, 2012
mancos colorado
Ok so I'm a 12 yr old troll cuz i posted my opinion? You guys are more sensitive than the polaris guys!!! I can't wait to see all the problem threads once this sled is actually released.one thing ive learned is to never buy a sled the first year they come out.best of luck guys!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ok so I'm a 12 yr old troll cuz i posted my opinion? You guys are more sensitive than the polaris guys!!! I can't wait to see all the problem threads once this sled is actually released.one thing ive learned is to never buy a sled the first year they come out.best of luck guys!!
News Flash.
This will be year TWO.
2013 was the first year for the Viper.
Making it a Long Track doesn't really constitute a new sled...

RX-1MT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Butte Montana

Don't see why it wouldn't work on the Viper...

Premium Features