• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 SR VIPER MTX***Check out this vid!****Sick!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Spring check - turbo additional $2k. I plan on leaning on my dealer to come down a bit and installing turbo myself. So if I don't have to buy skis it will be close to what my 2014 Viper cost.

Like I said, stock form. Stock to me is that it came from the factory that way, nothing additional added. And like I said in my previous, I've owned a turbo, and although it had it's attributes, I want a fourstoke (non turbo) with 160ish hp. No one doubts what the Viper is capable of with a turbo. But not everyone wants a turbo. I ride 800cc sleds because of the hp. If I wanted less, I would buy a 600. Everyone is taking that fact that not all people want a turbo Viper waaaay to personal.

cacsrx1

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
Highmore SD
Spring check - turbo additional $2k. I plan on leaning on my dealer to come down a bit and installing turbo myself. So if I don't have to buy skis it will be close to what my 2014 Viper cost.

2k .....huh, I guess clutching, gearing, and gauges are free. And from what I can tell your on your own if you ride at less than 6000'.

Monster Max

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
On a low boost kit...you could get away with not having AFR gauges and a boost gauge is cheap.

Gearing, not required and adding rivets and adjusting the secondary is not that expensive.

Only complaint I see is that MPI still uses the GEMS...They truly are the weak point in any of their kits. I have never heard of anyone actually saying 'gee I love using the GEMS controller'

With the new O2 feedback on the Viper version I thought it should be easier than the Nytro to add boost?

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
On a low boost kit...you could get away with not having AFR gauges and a boost gauge is cheap.

Gearing, not required and adding rivets and adjusting the secondary is not that expensive.

Only complaint I see is that MPI still uses the GEMS...They truly are the weak point in any of their kits. I have never heard of anyone actually saying 'gee I love using the GEMS controller'

With the new O2 feedback on the Viper version I thought it should be easier than the Nytro to add boost?

Uh oh, GEMS still? Oh well once I had the settings figured out on my Nytro and Phazer it was just the altitude set from that point on. Still, closed loop appeals to me.

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Going by what he said...sorry. What is the system if not GEMS?

here

Currently: Building turbo kits

Fuel pump for sure. I don't think injectors will be needed with this turbo. When increasing the boost so does the fuel requirements. The 190 kit will run on pump gas but depending on altitude and boost levels it might require a 50/50 race gas mix or full race. We will have a ECU re-flash soon to remove timing or you could install a head shim.

Mountain Performance Inc.

12379 So. 265 W, Unit B Draper, UTAH 84020
Phone: (888) 649-4609
Fax: (801) 816-0463
e-mail: Matt@mountainperformance.com
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
Rate this post: Yes | No
Thanks

K45

Lifetime Membership
Feb 5, 2010
Does it say anywhere were using the GEMS controller??

Is it a different kit than the one in your viper turbo thread ? because if you look in your attached pictures in that thread there is a pretty clear picture of a Gems controller as part of the Viper kit ?

Monster Max

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Matt I really hope it doesn't have the GEMS, it would make the decision a lot easier.

Here is the description posted on TY about the kit for the 14's. Are the 15 kits different?
The new 2014 Yamaha Viper MPI turbo kit

We have been working on this kit for a long time now. We have a full season of testing in the snow, both performance evaluation and durability testing along with countless dyno pulls. This kit is in production now and will be available the first week of October 2013. The 190-240HP intercooled kits will sell for $4595.00.

We designed this kit with several things in mind.
1. Ease of install. This kit is one of the easiest installing kitl that we have ever done. Estimated time is 4-8 hours.
2. Sound. This kit will be available with a sound compliant trail muffler. That allows this kit to be used on trails that require compliant sleds or just for the stealth factor.
3. Adjustability. The boost level can be adjusted to what you want for performance and your fuel requirements.
4. Fit in finish. We pride ourselves in taking the extra steps to make all of our kits have that “factory fit” to them.

This kit will include everything you need to install this on your sled.

Kit includes:
Mitsubishi turbo
MPI custom air to air intercooler
GEMS fuel controller
All billet high flow blow off valve
Heat shields around turbo and waste gate
Muffler choice Trail or Race. Full stainless core wrapped with fiberglass and covered with a aluminum outer shell. Lighter than stock
O2 sensors weldments in the exhaust inlet.
All kits are manufactured in house by MPI with CNC equipment.
Everything is TIG welded in house.
We use the highest quality fasteners, clamps, and hoses available.
Fully illustrated instructions and phone support.

Call with any question 888-649-4609 www.mountainperformance.com

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Guys I have a dislike of the GEMS as much as the next guy. I know none of you will believe me when I say the GEMS on the Viper is so much better then it was on the Nytyo. But the Viper uses Cats ECU which uses TPS not MAP like Yamaha did to process the information. That has allow the GEMS to work MUCH better. So with that being said we know how much everyone hates the GEMS so we have been testing other options for fuel controllers. As of right now it's still up in the air. Everything that's out right now has GEMS and I don't have anyone complaining about it.

J

J_Goodwin

Mar 3, 2013
Northern Colorado
I still wish they would make a 2 stroke. Would seriously look into one if they didn't weigh so much.... factory installed turbo for 2k!? why not since its warrantied

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Matt,

Is there a way to get 220ish HP in pump fuel without having to open up the motor and head shim it?

Matt@MPI

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2010
Matt,

Is there a way to get 220ish HP in pump fuel without having to open up the motor and head shim it?

We're not big fans of head shims but a small shim should get us there. We've been selling intercooled kits all year, so it will be easy to crank these things up. We plan on having a lot of upgrades. We designed the base kit with upgradability in mind.

O
Dec 6, 2007
Matt,

Just buy the Cat 1100T and add the controller. They make 220 without having to open the motor. Same chassis....

It is just bizzare to me to see Yamaha trying to directly compete with what Cat hasn't been able to sell for 3 seasons now.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Just buy the Cat 1100T and add the controller. They make 220 without having to open the motor. Same chassis....

It is just bizzare to me to see Yamaha trying to directly compete with what Cat hasn't been able to sell for 3 seasons now.

LOL, go ride a Viper and come back and tell us with a straight face the topheavy overweight 1100 Cat is better. Please?

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
LOL, go ride a Viper and come back and tell us with a straight face the topheavy overweight 1100 Cat is better. Please?

Top heavy is an understatement!

Seems both Cat and Yammi are patchworking with this stuff until the engineers can get that ultralightweight factory supercharged 4s flying. That would be the only thing that would bring me back to the 4s side.
Turbo lag was what ran me off and oh yeah the top heaviness, when the 1100T goes one way it goes even if you have gorilla arms.

P

pedak07

Nov 28, 2007
Anyone know what trailer that Chris Brown has in the video? RPM, Charmac trails west...?

Premium Features