• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Changing slides with camo extreme

Dusty5oh

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2013
I'm trying to change slides on my xp. It has the camo extreme 2.5 on it. The windows in the track are not wide enough to allow the slide to come through the track window. Am I not doing something right here? I've changed multiple sets of slides and never any trouble. This is the first time since I've put this track on that I've had to change them. Any advice would be great! Thanks!!

Dusty5oh

Lifetime Membership
Feb 19, 2013
I was hoping to do it without removing the skid. That's the only way of doing it though.

hdkawi

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2011
I've heard some cut two windows a little bigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
You need a 3" deck screw, Vise grips, 50/50 water / dishsoap, and some muscle.

Screw deck screw into the hyfax about 1.5 - 2", just enough so you can grab it really well with the vise grips, then spray everything with windex ( spray oil works but windex or 50/50 water / dishsoap will not harm the track ) , and pull.

I've found that a friend with a dead blow or the like and a drift can help things along from the front... but you can do this by your self.

Push comes to shove you can open a window on each side with a utility knife without any ill effects.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
It takes about 15 minutes to pull the skid....I like to lay the sled on its side.
Or, as mentioned you can cut 2 windows a little wider, but this will void any track warranty.

Premium Features