• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski Doo FormulaS 380 Worth turning into a Boondocker?

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Thanks Reeb. Good idea on the brakes! I will pass that wisdom on to the kids. Funny I'm already doing that on the wheeler, telling them to let the engine braking slow him down and schooling them on following distances. Knock on wood 2 years on trails with the 10 yr old and no rear Enders yet.

I've seen some nice bars for like $35 could cut them down some for width. Prolly more so not looking for more projects right now. Winters coming up here and the projects are stacking up behind this one. Besides its a he!! Of a lot nicer machine than I started out on already!
Ill get a couple pics up once its done.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Well no pics yet, sorry. But got it all back together. Tunnel ext and SLP rail extensions fit perfect. Added a couple more bolts to the rail extensions, didn't look strong enough. Not much edge distance on the back bolts.
16 wide track fits.... Barely. 1-1/4 lug was too tall for the tunnel protectors, bound up the track. Removed those and it spins pretty easy now even though there's almost zero side clearance to the tunnel. Sitting on a stand, the track will creep just with the engine at idle and the belt ain't too tight so the porting job must have worked. Runs up real smooth. Quieter spinnig than any of the other sleds I have so that's got to be good.
Was at the Snow Show in Anchorage today and saw the footrests on the 2 up sleds. Looks like those will be perfect for running board platform risers for the little guy. And they're only like $12 each online.
That was a good idea Reeb. Going to pick up a couple of those.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Finally got a minute to post some pics.
Got it about done now. Just put the scratchers on too.
Ported 136x16x1.25, Rev Renengade skis, narrowed the ski stance, running board lifters and BNGs!
And a pic of the RMK that the older boy will get to ride.........if we ever get f#^#*ing snow in AK!

Kid in the pic gets the Doo. His older brother moves up from the old Trail Cat in the background to the Poo.
Spoiled little brats!

IMG_0958.JPG IMG_0963.JPG IMG_0932.JPG IMG_0931.JPG IMG_0169.JPG

Last edited:
F

Farmbuilt800

Oct 28, 2010
Morgan, Utah
Where its just a kids sled u could always just trow on a old pair of decent pedal bike handle bars it would help give it a little rise and be a little more comfy. Just a thought I did that to my old rmk 600 and it worked great

Premium Features