• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

180 hp mcx turbo?

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
MCX Kit is 180 hp right? For $4500 canadian?

So $150/hp - with the key feature that it can be upgraded

The supercharger kit (assuming 20 hp gain) is $125/hp but is putting out less power and is not upgradable to more boost.

Different strokes for different folks, glad to see some choices on the market.

LOL, lets compare apples 2 apples and pears 2 pears, 180hp kit is for Nytro, and add ~50hp, because in MCX Superflow dyno Nytro shows 128-130hp, 4500/50=$90/hp, how did you come up with $150?
+20hp SC kit is for Apex, NOT available for Nytro, which i thought this thread was about, and is nevertheless more expensive when you compare $/hp, as you said, cost $125/hp. :)

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
waiting on more information then just the price of the kit!! Sent email too the 2 dealers in BC and so far one had responded with a price..hopefully more info to come soon?

L

LOKI

Nov 27, 2007
Saskatchewan
No intercooler, cooling done in charge tube, no head shim or engine mods needed = simpler install. Should be able to have installed and clutched for $5500 can. Vs approx $10000 for 240 hp kit. Sounds worth looking into especially for some of us that also ride low elevation as well as alt.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Wasn't a q :).
Sure it would have been nice with an IC, but @ that boost level there's no need, precooler tube is enough, and the kit would have been more expensive with it.

I really like the idéa of an cheap force induction solution, but $2500 for 20hp isn't that cheap, and doesent work on Nytro either, but with some more testing and little more boost, it might be the future for a larger # of sledders, but today it's no doubt MCX have a praiseworthy kit with the MCX180.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
no worries, done same misstake myself, most certain going to in the future aswell! :)
not long until theory is converted to practice, longing for snow bad!

S

SLEDIT

Jan 23, 2008
Watrous Sask
One on order

Put one on order from Prince George Yamaha ride in sask 1 or 2 trips a year to BC. Coming of a M1000 153 slp pipe pkg. Stretching the nytro to 2.5x15x162 camo and the 180mcx kit. Have .5km on 09 nytro in the garage to getting ready with these goodies snow elemintors and OFT 2 wheel ext.

R

ridehard1212

Nov 26, 2007
LANGLEY BC
did they say when your kit would be available?? really trying to decide between this and Ulmer racing's new high elevation kit.. by the time you add gauges/clutching and fuel tank the kits are the same price except ulmers kit is intercooled and capable of more boost... what i dont like about the ulmer kit is that its a improved northwest kit?? but it does have the cast header.. also like that you can run 10 gallon trail tank with mcx.. but then again ulmer comes with 8.5 gallon tank included.. Was told by vernon that you could not run more then 5lbs of boost with mcx due to factory fuel pump.. would be hands down choice to with 185kit if i could turn up a few lbs with better fuel..

:beer;

BTW i too have a nytro in the shop with a pile of parts sitting around it like its a xmass tree:present:

S

SLEDIT

Jan 23, 2008
Watrous Sask
Sounds like mid october delivery, considered Ulmer kit but they are reworking the NW kit and I like the experience and history behind MCX + dealer's here in Canada. Didn't see any Ulmer kit for 4479.00can. Have the need for boost and had to start somewhere.

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
My original MCX RX1 was 7lbs of boost for the first year. Plenty fast and impressed most
This kit is 6lbs. Similar baseline so I'm thinking this will be plenty for the guys who don't need /want the mid 200's.
Love to ride one myself.
RS

P
Jan 2, 2008
I am totally on board with the new 180hp kit. cause like the others stated not all of us need the 200+ hp. Although the thought does give me the fuzzies. Also the fact of being able to put this on your self puts a few bucks back in your wallet or put some weight saving add ons, to bring that hp-weight ratio in line. Let the games begin..and lets all try to have a safe year riding.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
If they have a 200 HP kit just like that for the Apex I would put my money down on it right now-----just in the process of doing a Apex build and looking for boost .

Have been running a RX1 with the lightning pro kit for 3 years , it also has no inter-cooler 16 to 18 pounds of boost for 3 full seasons on 100ll Av gas
0 problems :D

If anyone from MCX is looking in ------ I'm ready to spend some money :face-icon-small-hap

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
Yamaha will have one in their booth this coming weekend at the BCSF Snow Show in Vernon, B.C. :beer;
And in Edmonton the weekend after
RS

Tobbe...

Lifetime Membership
Mar 27, 2008
Sweden
MCX started do send out kits here in Sweden last week, so if they ship to US at the same time I would say another seven-to-ten days maybe?
A friend of mine recived his 180-kit last wensday, and I got mine 240-kit the day after:)
Cant wait for the snow now!

Premium Features