• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

174 3" w 37" front for Tnytro or sell it?

skiutahcabin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 6, 2012
Timber Lakes Utah
Have a Tnytro and trying to decide between getting more capable handling or just getting a new sled. I'm 100% backcountry mountain riding/ deep pow trees and climbing. Sled is powerful but limited in the trees, doesn't hook up well in really deep snow and needs to improve to hang with my buddies, most of which are on new 3" paddles, out climbing and going places I simply can't get into. So- here's what I'm looking to do:

Currently HAVE: TNytro w KMOD 163 @ 2.5", stock front, riser, C&A Pros...

PURPOSED MOD list:
stretch 163 to 174 3"
Avid drivers
Cr Racing front to 37 and fwd
steering relocate

Thoughts? will this setup perform (based on your experience) or do I just buy new? Would you change something else?
THANKS so your input!!! :)

F

fishstick

Banned
Oct 4, 2014
Only real way to transform they Nytro is with the Barcode 365 front end kit. Period!

M
Jan 14, 2004
My Tnytro has been deadly reliable for years but at this point the new sleds are so good that in comparison its had its day. It makes a fine spare since its worth basically nothing resale wise but IMO there is no point whatsoever throwing good money after bad. Its had its day, move on and I'm a Yamaha guy.

M5

A

aj1180

Dec 17, 2009
waukon ia
Don't forget the front cooler mod if you dont have it already. This is a tough one. You are going to throw at least 2500 at your nytro to get it to where you want it unless you can snag some great deals on used parts. If you buy a new sled, you will lose at least 2500 in depreciation once you take it off the dealer lot and ride it for a year. Either way you are spending 2500. The new sled will have warranty and more depreciation in years 2,3, and 4. The nytro is already mostly depreciated so it's value is already close to the bottom. However, you will put more into it for repairs and replacement part availability will become an issue for the aftermarket turbo system. I have a tnyrto and am having the same delema. I'm going to do the front end and leave the track alone. That is where I'm drawing the line.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Spent a number of years on turbo 4-strokes. I loved them and still hold a place in my heart for them, but the turbo 2-strokes are so much better. Don't think I could ever go back to a 4-banger. You're going to put a ton of money into a sled that is basically worth nothing if you try and sell it. If you're dead set on keeping it for a while then do the 174.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
Bascially gave away my t nytro........SW will be my next sled its a game changer. You just have to ride one to see what I am talking about.

Premium Features