• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Going to sell both custom 300 Skidoo Freestyles...

H1Pilot

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Sold both custom 300 Skidoo Freestyles...

I built 2 Skidoo Freestyle 300's a few years ago for my kids and I am going to sell them. They have ridden them for 3 seasons and are ready to move up.

I did a build thread on this Forum so you can see all the work that was done to them. They have worked as well as I had hoped in the mountains. They are boondocking machines and the kids have loved them.

The upgrades I made include:
New Skidoo DS-2 skis
121 x 15 x 1.5" tracks
Graphics (partial graphic missing on black/orange sled)
Skid frame rear axle mod and bogie delete
modified rear of tunnel and custom bumpers/flaps
Hand Gaurds

Both sleds have Electric Start, Electronic Reverse, Hand Warmers, 32" ski stance and run flawlessly. They top out at about 45mph.

We have really enjoyed these sleds, especially since the kids can start them by themselves!

I'm asking $3,900 each. These are perfect sleds for 7-12 year old kids. Mine are now 11 and 13, but have become very competent riders on these sleds and need a bit more to keep up with us!

Attachments

• IMG_2869.jpg
    IMG_2869.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 225
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_2876.jpg
    IMG_2876.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

H1Pilot

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Thanks...I hope to sell them soon so we can begin setting up their new sleds. Their next sleds will be soooo much easier since they are getting full size sleds that are already setup...mostly. I'm looking at Polaris 600's 2011 or newer with 144 tracks. We will likely narrow the front ends to 36" for them to make them more agile due to the kids size. My buddy has the 36" stance on his 800 Pro and loves it...we'll see.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
I'm looking at Polaris 600's 2011 or newer with 144 tracks. We will likely narrow the front ends to 36" for them to make them more agile due to the kids size. My buddy has the 36" stance on his 800 Pro and loves it...we'll see.

I'm leaning the same direction as well.

I'd originally planned on long-tracking & "mountainizing" an Indy 550 as it seemed like it would be a good stepping stone for my kids to move up to from the Indy Lite. After thinking about the cost & work involved in that, the 600 RMK would be the most economical / practical choice. They end up with the Pro chassis, big track, cooling system that works, & a good overall platform to upgrade.

As for the significant HP jump I can install 66 gram weights to take away some of zip. LOL! In all honesty I'm confident on my kid's transition to such an improved machine as I work with them continuously to see that they learn to operate any machine safely. It's never been a case of "Here, hop on & pinner!" & hope for the best.

H1Pilot

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I considered putting the skidoo 550 fan in these freestyles and stretching them to 144, but after you add up all the cost to modify, it makes a bit more sense to sell the machines as is and get factory 600 liquids. Better long term solution, although it is fun to build custom stuff for the kids.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I'm leaning the same direction as well.

I'd originally planned on long-tracking & "mountainizing" an Indy 550 as it seemed like it would be a good stepping stone for my kids to move up to from the Indy Lite. After thinking about the cost & work involved in that, the 600 RMK would be the most economical / practical choice. They end up with the Pro chassis, big track, cooling system that works, & a good overall platform to upgrade.

As for the significant HP jump I can install 66 gram weights to take away some of zip. LOL! In all honesty I'm confident on my kid's transition to such an improved machine as I work with them continuously to see that they learn to operate any machine safely. It's never been a case of "Here, hop on & pinner!" & hope for the best.

I was looking at this yesterday. I was going to do a Lite with 488. My issue is the Lite isn't any lighter than a 550 or 600 Pro. Seems like a fun build, but I leave myself asking why. Except the smaller chasis might be easier to handle.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
I was looking at this yesterday. I was going to do a Lite with 488. My issue is the Lite isn't any lighter than a 550 or 600 Pro. Seems like a fun build, but I leave myself asking why. Except the smaller chasis might be easier to handle.

Mods. are always on the brain.....

I've been looking for a reverse chain case for my son's Indy Lite for the last 2 years. Finding one that's not worn out has proven to be difficult to say the least. So I thought, why not just install a newer 550 engine with PERC? More power, reverse without the weight penalty, but then I'd have to upgrade the secondary as well.....

It never ends! LOL

H1Pilot

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Things happen quickly around here...i sold the green freestyle and found 2 Polaris 600 rmk 144's with electric start... 2012/2014.

H1Pilot

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Got my 11 year old out on his new 600 RMK...didn't take him long to find the throttle and use it. Looks like the years of training on appropriately sized sleds is paying off.

Last edited:
Premium Features