• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Short seat for Viper? Will a cat seat work?

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Sorry to bring this back, but I'm wondering if anyone has relocated the battery and installed a different fuel tank for a smaller seat?... A lot of work and money, but it would be pretty sweet to have no obstruction when jumping from side to side... granted I can only do that 3 times and I need to take a break..

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Someone on YouTube I think it was diesel power products built a mid mount turbo viper and alum tank but it was a stock like tank, unfortunately the viper will always have a long and tall tank unless you wanna give up a lot of capacity, where the header sits has always been where bulk of fuel tank is located.

Found a header made by straight line performance that would give back some tunnel real estate to gain tank volume towards the front.

Last edited:
M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Someone on YouTube I think it was diesel power products built a mid mount turbo viper and alum tank but it was a stock like tank, unfortunately the viper will always have a long and tall tank unless you wanna give up a lot of capacity, where the header sits has always been where bulk of fuel tank is located.

Found a header made by straight line performance that would give back some tunnel real estate to gain tank volume towards the front.

Yeah you are definitely right about the header.

I think the shape of the tank is its biggest down fall. Especially how it angles up and away at the rear. They could have reshaped it to allow the rear of the seat to be lower. Even with the Skinz seat your foot will still catch on the rear. It was a poor design, but it seems Arctic Cat is only now beginning to cater to the mountain segment the way Ski-doo and Polaris have been for a few years.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
OSP had pictures of a beautiful equal length shorty header, but it seems to have not made production, I'd sure like to try a shorty header turbo setup with new tank and cat shorty seat. surprised no turbo companies have offered the smaller style header in a turbo kit as an option. but maybe theres a reason other than cost as to why nobody is marketing it with turbo setups?:face-icon-small-dis

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
OSP had pictures of a beautiful equal length shorty header, but it seems to have not made production, I'd sure like to try a shorty header turbo setup with new tank and cat shorty seat. surprised no turbo companies have offered the smaller style header in a turbo kit as an option. but maybe theres a reason other than cost as to why nobody is marketing it with turbo setups?:face-icon-small-dis

Has to do with throttle response

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Has to do with throttle response

Are you suggesting the shorter header on a viper is worse? Midmount nytros sure worked pretty freakin awesome. The only downside I see is a midmount would be a very expensive setup. But that usually doesn't stop at least one aftermarket mfg. from trying it.

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
Are you suggesting the shorter header on a viper is worse? Midmount nytros sure worked pretty freakin awesome. The only downside I see is a midmount would be a very expensive setup. But that usually doesn't stop at least one aftermarket mfg. from trying it.

EVO experimented with it give them a call, they can give more specifics than I can.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Thx I will give em a shout when I get chance, gonna be calling osp aswell, their header looked so nice when they had it advertised. I Gotta do something about the seat and tank if I take on a turbo project for the viper I'm too short and fat to jump that high!

Premium Features