• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best set-up on a 09 800 xp summit

T
Nov 24, 2012
Ft.Mac
Good folks..
My name is Josh.
Im trying to help my bro out with his 09 800 XP 154", he's thinking about turboing the sled. what would be the best set-up..?

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Try Peak Powersports in Aurora, Colorado. He makes a solid kit. I own one and it's pull and go. Adjust jetting on the fly, no electronics to fart with. It's simple, affordable and flat out rips.

S

swrev

Jun 26, 2008
Lewistown, MT
Peak Powersports on mine w/ a few R&D tweaks from when Halverson was building kits. Works great and Rick from Peak is great to deal w/. My only complaint, well it's not really a complaint just something different I want to try--never stop tweaking my setup, is that I would like to have the turbo sit the opposite direction. It would make make adding a cold air intake and still have electric start easier. nathaniel11's sled shows that it can still be done and look nice, just a little more work. Starting the 4th year w/ mine turbo'd. If I get time, I am going to build a new charge tube and downlet pipe to the turbo and reverse mine. Even so, the kit, as is, is the one of the best bang for the buck kits out there in my opinion.

TurboBoyz kit looks great also and has a few more turbo size options to choose from. Don't think your bro could go wrong either way.

There is a good used kit in the swapmeet if you're looking to save a little coin. I think it is one of the setups Dave Bell had built if you've been following the turbo XP's over the last few year.

Last edited:
T
Nov 24, 2012
Ft.Mac
thanks guys for the help, and sorry for replying so long I lost on password etc for my account...lol

he went with a setup from push turbos after, haven't have any issues yet other den one of his reeds breaking off..

Premium Features