• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Her's - Pink Scoot MTX121

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
With all the posts on Long Track Scoots I thought I would share some pictures of "Her's". So last year I ask my daughter "Why don't you go riding with your brothers??? And she says Dad if I had my own sled I would............(with that look on her face)" This was going to be our 3rd Long Track Scoot build so I wanted to do it up right. I spent some time looking for a Scoot, found one that was little beat up with a junk track, a perfect find for a long track project. It was torn down to the frame, painted & started putting it back together. 121 Conversion, Pink C&A Minis, Rox Risers, Fly Bars, Rox Grip Strips, Seat Recovered, A Little Tuning on the Clutches, and last but not least we put a Wrap on It!

IMG_5507.jpg

IMG_5506.jpg

IMG_5508.jpg

IMG_5510.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

IMG_5523.jpg

IMG_5525.jpg

IMG_5495.jpg

The last picture was taken on December 25th at about 5 in the morning......why don't they smile like that when you wake them up to go to school??? I think the project turned out real nice. She only got to ride it once last year (with her brothers) major lack of snow. She sure likes it & can't wait for snow & to whoop up on her brothers......

C
Nov 29, 2008
Looks great ... what did you use for the wrap material / print ... having a job to find a flexible paint that adheres well to the plastics.

U

utah340six

Dec 4, 2008
that looks great.
ps what did you use for rear axel bolt ?
i need to move my rear wheels in also bolts a little long .
didnt want to strip scoot rear wheels and axel.

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Its a Wrap???

Looks great ... what did you use for the wrap material / print ... having a job to find a flexible paint that adheres well to the plastics.

I had a local sign shop do the wrap, Stratford Signs in Stratford, WI. I found the print/design on a clip art site, took about 3hrs of looking on line at a number of sites. They took the print, blew it up, printed it on a sheet of wrap material & then they installed/put it on the plastic. They have done a number of Cars, Trucks & Sleds so I thought it would be best to have them put it on, I think they have done some sled wraps for Levi Lavallee. It was a little wild looking at first but the kids sure like it!

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Axle Bolt?

that looks great.
ps what did you use for rear axel bolt ?
i need to move my rear wheels in also bolts a little long .
didnt want to strip scoot rear wheels and axel.

We used a Polaris rear skid & Polaris rear axle that was in the skid. We took the axle cut it down put on the lathe trued it up & re tapped it. I picked up the outside plastic parts on the axle for a newer Polaris that came with a factory 2 wheel set up. We have done a few of them so its easy now. Hope the info helps.
016.jpg

C
Nov 29, 2008
Next best mod you can do to it is to cut away the plastic part of the boards and replace the steel underneath so that its like a Skinz type air board .... easy to do and much better traction for the feet.

What's amazing is the number of these things still on the go after 20+ years and now seems like a lot of them are being modded and being given new life. Why Yamaha can't / doesn't bring an updated version of the Sport back is beyond me .... great way to hook young customers and build future brand loyalty especially since they offer kids quads ...

Same basic design but with a 4 stroke that can be governed / programmed updated skis, shocks, track and boards - most of the parts are already on Yamaha's shelf!

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
my nephew is 7 and almost too big for his polaris 120

he has a 340 but he's a bit of a runt, and doesn't like it because it's hard to steer. it's too bad no one makes a 250 any more, I rode a 250 Bravo when i was a kid.

Last edited:
H
Jul 15, 2014
Is that silencer you have on it a one off or can I buy one somewhere!

Awesome work! Beautiful machine!!! I'm currently restoring one for my son for Christmas

Sumac Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Mar 3, 2009
Central Wisconsin
Cool Can?

Is that silencer you have on it a one off or can I buy one somewhere!

Awesome work! Beautiful machine!!! I'm currently restoring one for my son for Christmas

It came off of a 250 2Stroke Quad. Years ago I ice raced ATVs, called up one of my friends that still has a bunch of old racing parts, found this one laying in the pile......cleaned it up took it to the buffer shined it up & found a ROX sticker laying around & presto looks like it belongs on it. We try to use stuff laying around as much as possible.

Good Luck on your build!!!

Premium Features