• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2008 XP Top End Delima

kiteOregon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
So my second sled is out in the middle of nowhere at a cabin. Last ride i broke several of the bolts that hold the Y pipe. In an effort to remove the broken bolts i broke a tap off in one of them and i broke a ez-out off in another.

So at this point my options are to purchase a new cylinder and replace. The question is, can you trust a used cylinder, or do i have to purchase new? While doing the work i will also replace the pistons, rings bearing etc.

Second, the threaded part of my secondary that takes the adjuster has some stripped threads. Looks like i have to by the secondary assembly for $349 to fix the issue. So if i have to spend some cash here as well, should i pick up a used stock, or get a 09 or 10 stock, should i chance to a team...

Trying to get this sled back on the trail but not dump tons of cash if i can help it. I only get to ride it once or twice a year.

Let me know, thanks.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I agree....pull the cylinder and there are ways to get the tap and ez out removed and repair the holes. Not a huge deal to fix.
Worst case, if the holes are damaged, they can take the holes up to the bigger size used on the newer 800 which cured the bolts loosening and better seal. You would need the gaskets from a 10 or newer.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
x3 on the extract them. not to terrible.

going to the new bolts is way better. also, no gaskets, copper rtv. no more leaking garbage. life is better this way.

kiteOregon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Really the only problem is that the sled is in the middle of nowhere. i was trying to have a sled on my next trip. I guess i could make the trip, pull the cylinder and go try to find a machine shop somewhere somewhat close. It would be way less expensive, thats for sure.

Found a Snow X top end rebuild kit with the cylinder for $1000.00 anybody have any experience with the Snow X stuff, is it good?

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
Bolt the y-pipe back on with the remaining six bolts, remove adjuster & ride it out. If the belt is too tight without the adjuster, use an old belt or one from a zx.

Premium Features