• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 Nytro front end

Which front end do you prefer

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
Looking at upgrading my front end for next year & was just going to see what everybody else has found to be the best. I want something that is durable and doesn't break easy if you have to grab a ski to get unstuck. Only looking at narrow fronts because I'm not into trail riding!!

Side note: If I unhook the sway bar will that help getting the Nytro up on its side?

Y

yzviper366

Aug 15, 2012
Bismarck, ND
I chose skin because that's what I have and love it. I have heard great good things about others as well tho. Expessially car racings because there is no need for new shocks. I probably would have went with them if I would have had float shocks already on the sled and it would have been available wen I bought my front end. But if u choose skinz u definatly won't b disappointed. Its awesome!!!

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
SKINZ

I run Skinz. I rode Chris Brown's Nytro and decided almost immediately I wanted one. It works great. ZBROS seem to be very popular. I think the two are very comparable (the geometries are very similar). The main difference is Heim vs Ball Joint. I have heard some people having Heim issues. I have not had any probs.

I took the sway bar out of my sled and will never run it again. The Fox EVOLS that came with the Skinz kit work awesome and if you want to preasure them up you can make the sled very trail friendly. Personally I set my sled up for the hills and forget the trail. You get used to it and after awhile it becomes natural even on the trail.

K
May 9, 2013
I run Skinz. I rode Chris Brown's Nytro and decided almost immediately I wanted one. It works great. ZBROS seem to be very popular. I think the two are very comparable (the geometries are very similar). The main difference is Heim vs Ball Joint. I have heard some people having Heim issues. I have not had any probs.

I took the sway bar out of my sled and will never run it again. The Fox EVOLS that came with the Skinz kit work awesome and if you want to preasure them up you can make the sled very trail friendly. Personally I set my sled up for the hills and forget the trail. You get used to it and after awhile it becomes natural even on the trail.

I saw this year that Chris Brown sled had another front end on it. Not skinz. looked narrower and way forward. The shock angle looked crazy forward. Like the Cats procross compared to the others

Y

yzviper366

Aug 15, 2012
Bismarck, ND
I believe skins had issues with the heim but I think that was in the older models the new ones have a beefier heim than they used to. 1500mi last year only complaint are the bushings that they come with. If you order some order from OFTRacing.com pretty positive you can get them with oilite bushings but don't quote me on that.

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Yes Rick @ OFT offers oilite bushing kit for the a-arms for +/- $140 bucks. Sounds like the way to go to me. Skinz did have issues with first generation heims that came with their kit however they are now using a larger heim. I have not heard of any more issues I believe the Z-bros is also offering heavy duty ball joints with their front end kit as well because they two had a few issue with their ball joints. The heavy front end of these sleds take a toll on the front suspension that is for sure

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
From what I've heard and read, both Skinz & Z bros had problems with their gen. 1 front ends. This is one of the reasons for doing this poll. I've spent WAY WAY WAY TOO much $$$ in the last couple of years being a basic test dummy because I bought into A manufacturers B.S. I'm just reminding myself now that its only REALLY cool if it REALLY WORKS!!!
Thanks for all the input so far from everybody.

A
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
I'd go with CR Racing's new kit if I still had my Nytro. I don't like the curved tie rods on the Skin's kit and the modified upper shock mount on the Zbros kit. http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=119462&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

DSC_0004-2.jpg

New CR Racing kit

DSC_0013-1.jpg

DSC_0014-2.jpg

Last edited:

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
Sweet

Thank you very much AKrider for posting this! This is the design I think will work. I would have never know about CR's plus 3 narrow kit if you didn't post. Thanks for all the input & pm's from all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features