• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

180 to 240 Mcx!!

P

ps700

Nov 27, 2007
BCs Northern Capital
So I have an 09 Nytro with a 240 kit, its getting up there in km and i like the way my buddies 2010 rides compared to mine. I found a 2010 with a 1000 km and a 180 kit. What im looking at is buying the 2010 then switching the parts to make it a 240 and then sell my 09 as a 180. What would i have to swap??? from what i understand is it just the fuel box and the intercooler? then tighten the wastegate for the extra boost? let me know if im wrong i just dont want to buy the new one and it turns out to be a hassel and a bunch of work. Thanks.

P

ps700

Nov 27, 2007
BCs Northern Capital
Well that was a brain fart on my end. Ya i forgot about the head shim. hmmm that would be the 4 things though shim, intercooler, fuel controller and control the boost?

Last edited:

djones000buck

Premium Member
Oct 15, 2010
Birch Run, Michigan
You got it... I upgraded my 180 to 240 last year,

All you need to do is swap the intercooler, the MCX computer, the wastegates (you may be able to just adjust the throw on the 180 wastegate, but the upgrade kit came with a new one). The headshim is the biggest thing, but with the upgrades available for the 180 kit now, when you convert everything over, may be more like the 190 kit, might be able to run another pound or two safely. The only other thing would be what clutching the 180 sled you pick up has compared to what you're running on the 240 currently.

djones000buck

Premium Member
Oct 15, 2010
Birch Run, Michigan
Correct, with the upgraded kit, specifically the MCX box and intercooler you get the additional injectors. Upgrade was around 2,500 but it would be more if you don't feel comfortable installing the head shim on your own (or with help) however, as it requires full disassembly of the sled for engine removal. I found the instructions to be a little light on technical detail specifically for the head shim install, but I'm comfortable working with engines, and there are plenty of forums to guide a person through it.

Premium Features