• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

163x16x2.5 will it fit

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I have heard that you either have to modify the rear drop brakets or go with aftermarket ones. There a few bolts (not sure which ones) that you have to reversed and as roughrider99 said grind down a few revits. However i have read about quit a few people putting a 16' wide track on a nytro. in all lenghts too from 156 on 174. its a close fit no doubt.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Everyone says it will fit, I honestly don't know how. I got under and measured mine and just couldn't see how it was possible so I opted for the safe route and went to the 15". Not saying that it won't though

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I got a tnytro at home that used to have a 16 wide in it stabbed the track and went to a 15 wide, I can check wat all was done to make it fit

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Yes it fits, mine is an XTX but the same mods would apply. There are a couple of weld nuts on each side of the tunnel where the track rides around the drivers. I cut the weld nuts out and replaced them with SS carriage bolts pointing outwards. I also ground down the crown of the carriage bolts for just a tad more clearance.
I also ground down all of the rivits to the first "rib" with a cut-off wheel, then smoothed the sharp edges with a wire wheel.
Next I replaced the rear bumper bolts with oval headed allen bolts (for when the skid compresses all the way up into the tunnel)
Lastly I ended up cutting off the drop brackets just below where the track rides around the rear upper idler wheels. Then made new strengthing brackets that are the same size as the removed section of the drop bracket out of 1/4" 6061 aluminum. The new brackets are then rivited/bolted to the tunnel and the lower part of the OEM bracket.
It wasn't to bad of a job to do, the cut-off wheel makes quick work of things.

Also you'll want to make sure that your drivers are centered in the tunnel. Clearance is fairly tight, but I don't have any rubbing issues.
As far as performance is concerned I think it helps floation, since its adding more foot print the entire length of the skid.
In the pics below you can see the brackets that were added to the outside of the tunnel.

Attachments

• IMG_0753.jpg
    IMG_0753.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Premium Features