• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 nytro mcx 270

A
Jan 2, 2008
Nelson bc
Have a light mist of oil on top of motor or right side. Cant' pin point where its coming from any ideas. This is my first fourstroke so could use some help.

C

canuck5

Aug 25, 2009
Sylvan Lake AB
Yea need some clarity, throttel side is the same side as the oil resovior and a pretty common place for oil to be especially if rolled ect.

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
I have to noticed a mist and see a few dots of oil all the way up to my oft steering block, this is on an impulse and so far have not found the culprit

A
Jan 2, 2008
Nelson bc
yes it is on throttle side starts right up top. cleaned and gunna ride today and see whats happenes. sled has rollover valve, but havent rolled sled or anything.What rpm are you guys running, i was told 8800-9000 this seems high ant thoughts

A
Jan 2, 2008
Nelson bc
smoking

still having oil residue up top on trottle side.sled started smoking bad from oil being dumped out exhaust. think rollover valve was coming on during normall conditions, and causing exsesive presure and blowing the oil past turbo seals. unplugged valve and seemed to eleveate problem, is this possable. also what rpm is everyone running.

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
85-8900 The hp pretty much plateaus after 8500, large top end power band. The rpms seem to jump all over on top end regardless. its not like a 2 stroke where 50rpm makes a huge difference. When looking at data logs you would be surprised how much it jumps around. At full boost its hard to stare at that small gauge for 3 seconds!

Premium Features