• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14.5 Rollers With Supertips

N

Northernboy

Dec 4, 2007
Right now I am running 16.5 rollers with Supertips at about 78g, thinking about switching to 14.5 rollers to see if it will help with belt problems. Just wondering how much weight would I have to take out when switching to 14.5 rollers? I see most run 8BU with these rollers, anyone running supertips with 14.5? This is for a 240 MCX Nytro with 153".
Thanks
NB

Last edited:

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
Im running a custom midmount turbo 15lbs. Im running 14.5 rollers with 50g base supertips with overall weight at 62g. Im not sure if u have to run more weight with larger rollers but I would like to know some specs also. What rpms u running fully shifted? I was running 8bu before I bought supertips.

S

SylvanLaker

Nov 26, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB. Canada
got 68grams in my supertips. four washer in the end... It all depends what spring you have too. I have a 45/130ish I think.

Do you guys know where to buy replacement bushings for the supertips. I can't find them anywhere..

sledhead162

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2008
I would think u can get them from STM? Im Running a blue white blue pri spring

J
Nov 27, 2007
weight bushings

stm wants you to send the weights in to have them rebushed, a buddy of mine had the powerquest weights and just ordered the bushings and pushed them in, the two weights look exactly the same but I never got around to ordering a set of bushings to try.

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
I have the 14.5 rollers and i want to try larger ones. I also have the super tips at about 92 grams. last spring we played around with a nytro and pulled the 16.5's and put in the 14.5's and lost a few miles per hour track speed. put them back in and gained it right back. So i am thinking i want to try the 16.5's in my apex. I have a brand new set of 14.5's if you want them at a discount..thought i ordered the 16.5's

Longhorse

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2009
Casper, WY
I think Stock MTX rollers are the 16.5's, that's what I run on my impulse nytro with the supertips. STM will sell the bushings, they aren't expensive and are easy to push in if you have the tool. You will need their recommended reamer (8mm I think) to ream the bushings after they are pressed in.

B
Dec 18, 2007
As a rule going from 16.5 rollers will drop 1000 rpm with everything lease staying the same. The change the leverage ratio of the arm and make the weight seem heavier. It's a must with 8bu's and big power but not always nescesarry with the heavier supertips, Dalton's etc. if your chasing belt issues I would lean more towards gearing and secondary changes to gain belt life.

LL

Rotax_Kid

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Regina, SK
I don't know if this helps you, but it might giver you something to compare against. I'm running a 1200 Doo with a Yamaha Primary. It's a 180 MCX kit that is a bit more than 200hp. I tune for a RPM of 83-8400.

I'm running 60g supertips loaded up to 78g. FUll weight in the heel, and a few washers in the mid section, with nothing in the tips. Spring is a BL/WH/BL with the 14.5mm rollers. RPM is pretty darn close and I"m quite happy with it. I'd like to try the 16.5mm rollers I have here, but haven't had many opportunities to try them with our lack of snow in the prairies this year.

As I mentioned, not sure if this helps, but when I researched I couldn't find much information and anything woul dhave been better than nothing.

Premium Features