• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

174x3" and drivetrain durability?

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
I'm about to order everything to do a 174x3" on my Impulse Apex. Have you guys noticed chains breaking or shorter belt life with this track? I'm probably going to do a vanamburg drop and roll with 7 tooth drivers. It sounds like this is fine with the newer 3" tracks and the paddles won't fly off if I go slow down the trail?

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I never had any trouble with mine, track is still perfect after a season. No issues with chains and belts from running the 3".

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
I'm about to order everything to do a 174x3" on my Impulse Apex. Have you guys noticed chains breaking or shorter belt life with this track? I'm probably going to do a vanamburg drop and roll with 7 tooth drivers. It sounds like this is fine with the newer 3" tracks and the paddles won't fly off if I go slow down the trail?
Which suspension are you using sledfvr?? Just wondering in case I go there next, thanks

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Kmod gen 2. Worked awesome with the 162. I made some mounting adjustments so it didn't have so much ski pressure and I see that Kevin at Kmod is doing the same this year. I railed that skid hard and it looks like new still.

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
Kmod gen 2. Worked awesome with the 162. I made some mounting adjustments so it didn't have so much ski pressure and I see that Kevin at Kmod is doing the same this year. I railed that skid hard and it looks like new still.
Yep, that's all I hear is good things about Kmod's durability and great customer service. I'm glad they addresed the heavy stearing...Thanks for the info

Premium Features