• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

180 mcx questions

H
Dec 1, 2007
i have a 180 mcx kit on my 2010 nytro and had it out after christmas and noticed that when i accelerate real quick there seems to be a stutter then when the boost comes it clears itself out. if i get on the throttle gradually the boost comes on as iwould think would be normal. was riding at 6-7000 ft it was about minus 15 c and the boost only was at about 4-5lbs. i also noticed that the vacuum was very erratic at elevation running anywhere from 10-18 lbs vacuum and never seems to be consistant, it does not always zero out when i shut the machine down. i have an autometer oil filled gauge . sure would appreciate any insight or experiences .
thankyou
DAK

S

SLEDIT

Jan 23, 2008
Watrous Sask
I would also guess you are tapping the rev limiter I went to a progressive helix 50/44R dalton to get that under control on mine. As for the boost gauge make sure the bleed screw on the top inside your mount pod is backed off enough or as you change alt. it will not zero.

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
Seems your running alot of vacumn for some reason, mine sticks at 8lbs at idle and only goes up to about 10 as I slowly accelerate. Its not very often I hit the rev limiter on mine now that its clutched properly but when and if it does then it will "fart" a bit but then pick right back up after the revs are back down. Your boost is way down from where it should be as well, you should be up around that 9lbs at that elevation. As far as your gauge going to zero, if its zero at your home alititude and you don't adjust it at elevation then it should be zero again at home. If you adjust it when your at elevation, it won't be back to zero at home. Just a guess, if your getting fluctuating vacumn and boost is low then there might be a leak somewhere??? Sherm

H
Dec 1, 2007
what did you do for secondary clutching that you think worked good ? i am thinking that the secondary is opening too quick and pulling the engine down temporarily.

Premium Features