• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

180 hp mcx turbo?

T

torqmonster

Dec 2, 2007
Fairview, Alberta
Well, I finally made the leap to a four stroke sled. Broke and tired of rebuilding 2-strokes. Purchased the 2010 Nytro 162 with the 180 mcx and cr tunnel dump exhaust. Any new reports on the 180 kits? Anyone running the tunnel dump exhaust? How loud is it and how much weight do you save. I'm
pumped, 180 reliable hp on pump gas. Swwwwing.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I'm on the fence on this one, LOL ! Once you get Boost its like crack you just want more !!! Er not that i would know HA HA HA er i mean LOL !

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
The Cr tunnel dump is loud when loading and in the garage but on the snow its fine....did you get a mountain mod seat with the trunk?

Who has one going in powder??? I have visions of the Phazer with the tunnel dump( same rear mount ) would bog like a ---- in powder put the exhaust straight out the back and it picked up 20HP right there.

It may be OK --Just a red flag to make sure before you spend your $$$$

T

torqmonster

Dec 2, 2007
Fairview, Alberta
No mountain mod seat yet, whats the price and weight savings? Anyone else have issues with the cr tunnel dump. Don't want a bog in the deep snow, rather keep the stock muffler. Hmmm.

Thistledoo

Lifetime Membership
No mountain mod seat yet, whats the price and weight savings? Anyone else have issues with the cr tunnel dump. Don't want a bog in the deep snow, rather keep the stock muffler. Hmmm.

There are dozens of guys running this set up...no bogging at all the exhaust shoots towards the bulkhead going with the snow...works! How much weight savings? Its a 10lb savings because you loose the muffler and all the plastic shrouds cleaning up the back of the sled alot....plus you gain a warm trunk that is really nice. Also your intake doesnt plug hardly at all because your not putting all that wet exhaust out beside your intake!! I have rode my sled in all conditions and never one bog!!

L

LOKI

Nov 27, 2007
Saskatchewan
cr tunnel dump

To my knowledge the CR tunnel dump only works with the CR tunnel because they get rid of factory heat exchanger. On the stock set-up the CR kit will hit the exchanger. I would check this out before you buy. Cheers

J

jizagui

Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne WY
I was on the fence about this also I went to the nytro with with mcx i talked to Mark (leipemhemer) yamah sorry about the spelling probably not right but I talked to him about the 180 kit he said just go with the 240hp kit because you will go bigger after you try it and it is only about 1000.00 more and if you decide to get the 180hp kit then go to the 240hp kit it will be more than that.I would just not installed the head shim get a manual boost adjust and don't go over 10 psi if you are riding at over 8k or 9k I have been told they will do fine at that boost on pump gas at 9k and 10 psi hope this helps

T

torqmonster

Dec 2, 2007
Fairview, Alberta
I was thinking about the 240 kit, but the price is around $10,000 installed. Ouch! The 180 kit is a little over $5,000, so about half the cost. I ride with a bunch of stock and modified M1000s. The 180 kit should keep me competive at low elevation and kicking some butt in the mountains. As far a the cr tunnel dump goes, it sounds like I need to chop about 6" off to make it work, should'nt be a big deal. Good to hear the bog is not a problem.

A
Dec 16, 2007
Alaska
Bingo....

If they have a 200 HP kit just like that for the Apex I would put my money down on it right now-----just in the process of doing a Apex build and looking for boost .

Have been running a RX1 with the lightning pro kit for 3 years , it also has no inter-cooler 16 to 18 pounds of boost for 3 full seasons on 100ll Av gas
0 problems :D

If anyone from MCX is looking in ------ I'm ready to spend some money :face-icon-small-hap

>>>>
This is exactly my question....when is the damn kit coming for the Apex.....6 psi would be 200 H.P. on the Apex, would have an awesome bottom end! I'd go in debt for this....dependability and 200 consistant non intercooled H.P. sign me up tomorrow! :D

Premium Features