• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Turbo M7 wont hold boost

Nov 26, 2007
Well this has been givin me some grief...I can only get 4psi of boost under load. I checked the air box for leaks, put gooves on the t-bodies to make sure the hoses stayed on, did the extra springs and gasket goop on the exahust...whats the deal, its an aerocharged m7..Any thoughts???

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
Well this has been givin me some grief...I can only get 4psi of boost under load. I checked the air box for leaks, put gooves on the t-bodies to make sure the hoses stayed on, did the extra springs and gasket goop on the exahust...whats the deal, its an aerocharged m7..Any thoughts???

some areos are made for low boost . did u buy it new in a kit or used !!! i thought u where a home built kit !!! when ordered i guess they put in what boost level ur gonna run !! have u had it past 4 psi before ? lil more info!! sounds like u have checked for leaks !! do u have a BOV? is ur exhaust free flowing and ur intake ?
mike:D

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
bigbull was haveing kinda the same issue !! he could make boost till he put a good load on it then it went south . he has been trying some clutching , maybe pm him for some help as well

Nov 26, 2007
the wastegate is set at 8spi, did the shop compressor trick to confirm...I would assume that the exahust is free flowing....the intake eh..well its just open under the hood, pretty much how the pics on the OVS site show it..I thought this might be the problem, but you see so many that are the same way, ie just open under the hood...No BOV, I have not had it over 4psi yet, not for lack of trying though. 4psi is good, it spanks 800's and 900's but why stop there...

Could clutching cause this?

Last edited:
S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
well i guess if the sled is not creating heat in the pipe cause ur clutching isnt right getting the rpm's u need i guess it is possible !!! do u have the heat sheild on ur pipe . u need as much heat in ur pipe to get the turbine spining . also what fuel pressure and control box u using , if ur to rich it wont create heat which = no boost .

Nov 26, 2007
pure logic controller and fuel reg...stilll have the heat sheild on the pipes...I thought the same on the heat...on a WFO pull i hit 1250 ish on egts and 8000rpm, I tryed to add more fuel but it wont rev and the egts are low..then i too away fuel and the plugs started to look scarey so i went back up...so I think im good on that front..I might try the clutching..i might have too much helix its a 40/44...but guys run a 44/40 with no boost...so I dont know....

Last edited:
Premium Features