• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Memorial Day

K

Kevco

Sep 21, 2001
Sandy Ut.
I know there are at least a few bros on here who have buried loved ones. My heart goes out to you. It definitely changes memorial day. My family and i spend it in Henefer with my family...And my nephews who are the age my son would be. 363 days a year Im fine today & his birthday suck. My heart also goes out to our service men god bless you guys my family deeply appreciates your sacrifice. My uncle who is a vet had a cartoon strip hanging on his fridge. It was a guy BBQing his thought bubble was all the essentials for a BBQ and tha caption was have I forgot anything? In the background was a hodgepodge of the wars this great nation has fought. As we celebrate and have fun remember there are those who grieve today.

N
Nov 26, 2007
Good post Kev, but this is my favorite Memorial day saying!

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should
thank God that such men lived. — General George S. Patton

Gods honest truth.... Every single day I wake I thank god and the men and women of our armed forces for that right!

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
Great post Kevy! Thought about you today and others that I know that have been in our shoes. We had a great day yesterday cleaning up his headstone and playing with the kids there. I hope you don't mind if I share a few pictures.
IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

Premium Features