• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bearclaw bob Cooke city

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SNOW

Its a great morning in Cooke city. What do you think the snowman gave us over night. Your right, snow. We picked up 2 more inches and its still snowing. The weather is showing snow today and turning partly cloudy tomorrow.

The bakery opened last Saturday and what a great turn out Terri had. Come on in and have a great breakfast.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Partly cloudy

Morning from Bearclaw and Super 8 motel. The snowman is calling for partly cloudy skies today, but I've been seeing a few snow flakes falling. He has change the forecast for the next 4 days of snow. Keep up dancing.

Looks like the weekend is picking up here in town. I know you still have to be careful of hidden objects.

Hope everyone has a good day.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Clear skies and cool

Morning from Cooke city. It's 8 above and clear skies. The snowman is showing a 70% for snow. Not much to report, it's been a quit week in Cooke. The base is starting to set up nicely.

Have a great weekend.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Evening

We've picked up a little over an inch today. We still have a chance of snow for Saturday and Sunday. Lets get out and do the snow dance. Have a great weekend.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
very lightly snowing

Good morning from Bearclaw and the Bakery. The snowman gave us about 3 inches of fresh powder. We can still see snow till tomorrow night. For Monday through Friday we can see colder temp's at night. The snowman is calling for zero and below. No snow for those 5 days.

AVALANCHE REPORT: New snow and wind make human triggered avalanches possible on wind loaded slopes which have MODERATE avalanche danger. Non-wind loaded slopes have a LOW avalanche danger.

The bakery was really busy today. It was good to see guys back in snowmobiling.
We do sell the Montana and Wyoming permits. So this is your one stop shop.

Make sure you have your AVY pack ready for the season. I do fill tanks and also sell new one. Stop in and check out all the Avy products I have.

The garage is open to work on your sleds or you can store your sled over night.

Last edited:

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
BRRRRRRRRRRRR

Morning from Chilly Cooke City. Hope every one had a good weekend. The snowman was right, it's 8 below. He's predicting 9 more days of sunny skies and below zero with high's in the mid 20's. On the 10 day the snowman is calling for snow.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS:A generally stable snowpack with minimal wind and light snow makes avalanche danger today LOW.

Bakery had another great day with over 45 people having a great breakfast. If you haven't been in, check it out.

The garage was busy repairing a-arms and I had a few sleds out on rental.
I do fill avy tanks and sell new packs. Come in and check them out.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Afternoon

Got home this morning to find windy conditions here in Cooke city. Yesterday was over cast with traces of new snow. The snowman is calling for sunny to partly sunny skies for the next 6 days. Snow will be moving back into the picture next week.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: For today, the powdery snow at the surface will be blown into drifts creating a MODERATE avalanche danger on all wind-loaded slopes and a LOW danger elsewhere.

i just got the avy packs that I'd been looking for. Now you can stop in and check out the newer vest from High mark, snow pulse.

I also got conformation on my BCA products. They will be coming in next week. I do have the new BCA 2.0 radio in stock. CALL for pricing.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Keep dancing

Morning from sub zero temp's. It's a slow start to the snow season. I could use help with the snow dance. The snowman is looking at snow moving into the forecast next week for 3 days. The highest percentage is only 50 %. Dance, Dance, Dance the day away.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: The southern Madison, southern Gallatin and mountains outside Cooke City received wind-loading yesterday that is the primary concern today. Recently formed wind slabs could be triggered by a skier or snowmobiler. For today the avalanche danger is rated MODERATE on wind-loaded slopes and LOW on all others.

I hope every one had a good weekend.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I've got to say how chilly it is this morning. It's CHILLY, 20 below. The snowman is calling for warmer temp's next week when the snow moves into the picture. Today we will see a high of upper teens to 20. Tonight we could see again below zero temp's.

Lets keep the snow dance going for a couple of weeks. It's been a few years since I've seen this kind of a condition here in Cooke.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: Today, human triggered avalanches are possible on wind loaded slopes which have a MODERATE avalanche danger. Non-wind loaded slopes have a LOW avalanche danger.
Every Friday and Saturday, Rescue Training and Snowpack Update. Friday 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Soda Butte Lodge. Saturday anytime between 10-2 @ Round Lake. Take advantage of this free training that the avalanche center is offering.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Still cold

Morning from BRRRRRRRRRRRR cold Cooke City. The snowman won't give up the cold. Its 15 below again. Today we can see mid 20's and a low around zero tonight. The snowman changed his mind for the snow coming in next week. He has it now where we can see two days of snow and the percentage went to 50%. Keep up the snow dance.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: Today, human triggered avalanches are possible on wind loaded slopes which have a MODERATE avalanche danger. Non-wind loaded slopes have a LOW avalanche danger.

We'll have another post tomorrow.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Keep dancing

Morning from Bearclaw and the Super 8 motel. Came down stairs this morning to find light snow. The snowman is fooling us at this time. He's still showing partly cloudy to sunny skies for the next 3 days. But he has increased the percentage of snow for Tuesday and Wednesday.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: Four days without snow or heavy wind-loading makes avalanches unlikely to be trigger. Remain cautious of wind-loaded slopes and assess the consequences of being caught in even a small slide. Today, generally safe avalanche conditions exist and the avalanche danger is rated LOW.

If your looking for Avy packs to buy or rent, we have them. We do fill avy tanks. I've got another shipment of BCA RADIO's in stock. They are the new 2.0 version.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
web cams

I've gotten both of the web cams up and going. I hope everyone will enjoy them.:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
forgot to mention

Forgot to mention that you can view the web cams on my web page.
Bearclawsalesandservice.com

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Sled rentals

It hurts me to say that at this time, I'm not renting. When people started booking early, I told them that if the snow doesn't come I won't be renting. Just don't want people to have to pay for damages. I'm thinking of you guys. Just not enough snow. Thought I'd try last Sunday and had one damaged, like totaled. It was one of the alpha's.

Sorry guys. As soon as we get more snow, I'll start.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
partly cloudy

Morning from Bearclaw and the Super 8 motel. It's a cool 10 degrees and we could see it get to the mid to upper 20's. The snow dance is working. The percentage for Tuesday has went to 40% and Wednesday jumped to 70%. It's still to early to say how much we might get.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: The snowpack in the Bridger, Gallatin and Madison Ranges, and mountains near Cooke City is 2-3 feet deep and generally stable without widespread buried weak layers. Today, the avalanche danger is rated LOW.

Sold out of the BCA radio 2.0. I'll be getting more in by Wednesday.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
We've got snow

Afternoon from Cooke city. I was gone for a couple of days. Since I've been gone. We've picked up 3 inches of snow. From this morning till now. We've picked up another 6 inches. For the next 2 days it will be partly cloudy and snow moves back into the picture Saturday.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: For today, the avalanche danger is rated MODERATE on all wind-loaded terrain since avalanches are possible. On slopes without a wind-load, the danger is LOW.

I'm at this time renting sleds. So all the reservations you have made are good.

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Clear skies

It was 8 above this morning. Morning from Cooke city. The snowman is calling for a 40% chance of snow for Saturday. I hope every one is chipping in on doing the snow dance. We need SNOW.

AVALANCHE CONDITIONS: The message is simple in the mountains around Bozeman, Big Sky and Cooke City: Avoid wind loaded slopes and avoid avalanches. Strong winds the past few days have hammered slopes on all aspects and elevations.
Today, human triggered avalanches are possible on wind loaded slopes which have a MODERATE avalanche danger. Non-wind loaded slopes have a LOW avalanche danger.

I've gotten more radio's in along with other Items, If your looking for a great Christmas gift. Call me.:face-icon-small-ton

Premium Features