• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys SBA belt burning

K
Mar 25, 2019
I went out today because of the fresh snowfall and got stuck in some super heavy snow. I have a 19 SBA with a 2” paddle. While I was trying to rock and throttle out I smelt rubber burning. After lifting the track out and clearing the skid of snow I was able to ride like normal until I got burried in the heavy snow again trying to get home. Once I got back on to a trail the sled was very hot but eventually cooled back down. My question is do you think I just stressed the belt or could I have done more damage and should I take the sled in for a check up. Sorry pretty new so this might be a very basic question. Appreciate any help

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Just take a look at the belt and see if you have any hourglass shaped divots in it from the clutch spinning. Look along it lengthwise and rotate it to check the full circumference. If you burned it down really bad, your sled would have been vibrating from the clutch hitting that spot.

Other than that, meh. It's spring. It happens.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
^^^ Exactly. Pretty easy to lock the track up in spring snow and slip the clutch. If you barely do it, not really an issue. If you sit and hammer on it, things can get pretty gross and then your belt is going to vibrate a lot.

If you don't notice any vibration, not a big deal. If you do, throw it in the holder and keep it as your spare. Still will get you out, just a little shakey.

Premium Features