• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BEST mod for the ol 1M

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
pic of the snorkel for you

000_0046%20(2).JPG

I used a pvc elbow and a 3" drain cover from home depot. It only took about an hour to build.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
You have to build (or buy) an adapter that essentially makes the mag end of your case larger. Then you just space the starter cup out and bolt the new recoil up.

Ted at Terra Alps Racing builds a kit to do it, and my dad and I have built a few also.

Here's some pictures of ours:

On the latest set we did, we use recessed bolts to put the adapter on the case, and studs to mount the new recoil. This makes it easier to assemble.
starter_adapter.jpg

starteradapter017.jpg

D
Nov 29, 2007
MN
What are everyone's thoughts on bumper mods? I've read almost all of the posts on the forum including the following two most pertinent ones:

BDE bumper thread
http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91798&highlight=power+claw&page=14

BDE on 1M
http://snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89200&page=2

Last year I blew a driveshaft bearing on my king and rode a friends backup '09 poo 700. There were a handful of times where I felt turnouts were so much easier with the shorter boards and straight tunnel lines. Completely different chassis I know but was wondering if it helps on kings. Plus I want to get rid of that plastic bumper.

As for other posters the forward post +2" was key, along with the boss seat.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
Here is a pretty cool King Cat mod that one of our customers did. All new shortie style King Cat model of Snowmobile Better Boards (these will really outperform last seasons version...with larger cut outs and a different cleat pattern....plus the cooler looking scallop supports are nice. He tied it together with trim all supported by stock M series side rails and support that he fabbed and we coated. It is a very clean and very cool looking install. I think the sled will go through the deep snow significantly "BETTER" with the narrow rear end not hanging up in the powder. Also note he installed a longer square tube bumper and tied that into support as well. This model was my least favorite performer of all of our Better Boards products and now it's one of the BETTER versions.

3_1.jpg

R
Jan 2, 2008
I put on a ole's riser which puts the handle bars ward and up, not sure if it's as good ad the forward mount. Droped and rolled chaincase, lexan hood. Oh ya, (everyones gonna hate me). 809 rotax triple ported. It's lighter than a actic cat twin. about 200hp if it stays together, very fun, if you can keep the skis on the snow. Good luck, cheers!

P
Mar 28, 2008
N.H.
mod

i put a snopro 440 seat and 10gal tank about 3 inchs higher than stock. 10 inchs shorter. handle bar post mod is a must to give room for the gas cap. not cheap but looks good with mountainfit 1m to m hood .

Premium Features