• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 M8000 Turbo team clutching?

L
Jun 7, 2013
Iowa
I have a 2016 M8000 with the factory team clutches. Working on installing a silber turbo and planning on running 5psi at 9,000 ft and above. I already have the venom adjustable weights and would like to keep them if possible to keep cost down. What else is needed or recomended for clutching? Justin at silber said to add weight to the tips and set at 76g, stock primary spring, stock 48 straight helix, and a 180/300 secondary spring. Problem is I cant find that secondary spring anywhere, closest I can get is 180/260 from speedwerx. From what I can tell it looks like the bd sidekick just uses different weights, primary spring (which one?) and stock secondary. How is this setup working?

I would like to hear what anyone else is running and what has worked with a low boost turbo/supercharger with team clutches. Don't have alot of time on the mountain and dont want to waste it guessing on clutching!

Tee-Kay

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
Here is my current setup on my 2017 Mountain Cat 162" with a Boost-it intercooled kit typically running low boost...overall I am very happy with the sled but I am going to tweak the clutching a bit more for my riding style and weight:

Primary:
  • Dalton white/lime spring (125/260)
  • Dalton QA@-76 weights with 0.7grams in the tip
Secondary:
  • Dalton orange/lime (130/230)
  • Stock AC 48° helix

I run a TKI belt drive with 25/66 gears with stock 8 tooth drivers and the 083 belt. Normally run around 6000'-8000'.

Premium Features