• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP bulkhead replacement

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Have a friend with an '08 XP with some bulkhead damage from skipping off a boulder and off a 20-30 foot cliff. The bottom of the bulkhead is ripped off. He has all the parts he needs to replace the front half of the bulkhead. The problem is the large size rivets that hold the bulkhead together.

How or who can we get with the right skills and rivet machine to do the work on that part of bulkhead? I can do everything but these huge squish rivets. Is there someone in Utah that can do this Skidoo specialized work

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
Yep, use bolts.

I'd use stainless with nylocks or toothed flanged nuts.

On the rev chassis this is the standard practice when replacing the NUN's and it holds up very well. In fact I'd use this were ever possible to make the job easier next time.... there is always a next time, LOL

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
What ever fit's the hole the best.

I used alot of 1/4 on my last REV, but not sure what you need for the XP.

I'd remove the old one or take the new one with me to the hardware store if you don't have a good way of verifying sizes first.

S

Scandianels

Feb 9, 2008
Minnesota
1/4-20 or M6

Use 1/4-20...

Here is what the service manual says to replace the Hucks with:

NEW FASTENERS
Hexagonal flanged bolt M6 x 20 (PIN 207 662 044)
Hexagonal flanged (PIN 233 261 414)
elastic stop nut M6
NOTE: Unless stated otherwise, install bolt heads toward outside of the vehicle.

Have fun...I just did a E-module, and an S-Module

Ron Burgandy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2012
chisel and a hammer will break factory rivets off. i’ve done a couple S mods, i drill the rivet holes out and use 8mm SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
here's a stupid question. I've been looking at this for days now, wondering if the entire front end and bottom pans need to be removed to replace the E module?
Any tricks?

THX

Premium Features