• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest Magazine Project Sled 2015: Yamaha Viper

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
I thinks it's best to let them complete the build...I'm sure once completed they will go through the entire sled and button up the loose ends as needed.....Bolt on stuff isn't rocket science but it can be a pain in the ars when every 3 minutes your being interrupted at the snow show.

DPG

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
I thinks it's best to let them complete the build...I'm sure once completed they will go through the entire sled and button the loose ends as needed.....Bolt on stuff isn't rocket science but it can be a pain in the ars when every 3 minutes your being interrupted.

DPG

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Not trying to bash the Viper, but that thing is going to be a nose heavy slug. Go look at post 28 from Christopher. Look at the spacing from the location of the stock front torque arm mount hole to where the Easy Ride front track shock/torque arm is mounted. It's at least 6-7" BACK from the stock hole......

Last edited:
D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
All the cool stuff might have an impact on the CG which Yamaha has always been very good at getting correct....Hopefully all the very nice bolt on's won't take away the CG one would think not but until you compare stock vs bolt on we won't really know....I would like to see at some point this coming winter an unbiased comparison.

DPG

CHAZWILDMAN

Premium Member
Jan 5, 2011
weight

is there any weight savings withe the skinz front end and the ezride rear suspension?

2Huskies

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Not trying to bash the Viper, but that thing is going to be a nose heavy slug. Go look at post 28 from Christopher. Look at the spacing from the location of the stock front torque arm mount hole to where the Easy Ride front track shock/torque arm is mounted. It's at least 6-7" BACK from the stock hole......

Haha 300hp...

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership

Anyone I know that did the Skinz front end on an 1100 had to use a ton more shock pressure in the front shock of the skid to carry the extra weight being moved back by the Skinz moving the ski contact forward. In my Kmod I had to get a heavier spring made just for that. I'm sure they'll get it figured out. It wouldn't hurt to talk to some people that have ridden and modified that chassis for 3 years to save some time.

Premium Features