• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What can a Boost-It do that a Dobeck box can't?

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I am currently running a Dobeck box on my TM1000. Even after going out tuning with the guys from Dobeck a couple times and messing with the base program we have still been unable to get it to run completely clean. I see the reports on here of guys switching to a Boost-It and claiming it runs better than their Dobeck boxes ever did. My question is what can a Boost-It do that a Dobeck box can't, if you have the ability to manipulate the base program of the Dobeck box? I live pretty close to Dobeck and can go riding with them, so having the base program changed is not too hard for me. I don't want to stir up anything, so feel free to PM me.

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
the boost it box allows you to:

make fuel changes at different RPM's. You can add or subtract fuel at 25 rpm intervals. sort of like the Boonie Boxes. what irritated me was the parameters of the Boonie box -99 to +99 was too big of a difference with RPM adjustments about every 500 rpm. it should be on a scale of like -10 to +10. On my old Boonie TM901 what the he!! does , +16,+23,+33 at 6700RPM mean to anyone where I had 0,-3,-1 at 5000 RPM it was a huge pain in the AZZ. with my Dobeck box i'm running
2-green
1.5-yellow
4.5-red
7.5 red/blue or whatever color it is-can't remember
that's it, I only add some fuel to green at lower elevations, and take it back out at higher elevations. ex. 3 at 3,500msl.
1.5 @ 7,000-msl
it's that simple

Last edited:

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
I think the the two page thread that smokindave started in 4/12 pretty much sums it up the best if you look at all posts. There is nothing else I could think of adding right off hand.

To sum it up the best overall that I didn't exactly say in other thread, is that this is the only box that I have used to date that makes the most sense to me on making easy adjustments as needed in the field. This box flat out works, and very well.

On another note I know of a few people that have good running dobec boxed machines as well, I think it comes down to what works best for you.

Last edited:

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
On another note I know of a few people that have good running dobec boxed machines as well, I think it comes down to what works best for you.
Do you know of specifically TM1000s running good with a Dobeck box? Do you know whose base program they are running? I started out with a Push base program that wasn't very close, but after going riding with the Dobeck boys it is a lot better.

I think part of my problem is that I want to run around 5 lbs boost and that is where the secondaries turn on. If I turn boost down below the secondary turn on point my A/F readings are high even with the Dobeck box maxed out. If I turn boost up just above the secondary turn on point I get a bog when the secondaries kick in.

I don't know how much difference it makes that I have the Push charge tube, airbox setup with the secondaries in the charge tube. I have been told that a larger charge tube and airbox would run better.

Premium Features