• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber Turbo for cat 18 up ???

ranger12

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2012
Dickinson ND
If anybody had a silber re flash up to this point check to see if you have reverse! the new bar controls didn't make the map in 2019..

Switching to the new controls on the handle bars messed with the mapping in the ECU. Hard to believe but that is how touchy these new sleds are. Silber found this out and got it fixed as soon as they could.

Sunvang

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2010
Norway
Talked to Justin at the salt lake snow show. Although the hardware is available , he said the app isn’t currently working and if you buy a kit you still need a dealer to flash your ECU.

BTW, my reverse works fine.

What? I just bought and received my flash kit so I didnt have to send my ECU from Norway to USA. Did he say anything about when or if the app would get done?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Called silber today the app is still not on line due to security issues. the ecu flash has had a fix.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
Some people enjoy messing with them more than me. I've lost winters in the past to poorly running turbos and just not my thing anymore. When they work they are amazing but I'll take stock reliability every day now. Hoping these kits are as dialed as they say they are we will see.

When I tried to buy a kit for 16 cat there was nothing available.... Heard they sold a few at sometime but never seen one.

Welp time to eat some crow. Ordered my silber kit this week. I sure hope this is my first great turbo experience out of the box. Have a dealer friend that wants me on one and has promised I will love it. Will have it on the snow in 3 weeks and start pushing it so we will see. Additionaly, I was watching tv last night and saw the new verizon commercial that starts out with "How much would you pay for something you don't want?" And I was like damn this sounds like how I somehow ended up with a turbo on order... :rofl: all the feedback so far has me excited and hoping. :tea:

Iowa__Freeriders

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2010
NW Iowa
just ordered my silber kit as well, going on a brand new '19 Hardcore. anybody have any suggestions on how i should go about breaking it in? Thanks in advance

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I have broken in a new turbo before...as well as after a rebuild.

Warm it up in the garage...make sure no leaks. don't let get very hot.
Warm up well in parking lot.
First bit of riding, stay on trails and do some light throttle with quick loads (1-2 sec)...let it pull into the powerband and then back off. Get motor to temp. Shut down and check out. Let it completely cool down (15-20 min break).
Next ride a bit harder...warm up well...more throttle, still on trails or flats. Don't sustain any throttle setting too long. Get it hot again. Ride a bit more. No hard or sustained pulls. Stop, check out. Let cool.
Next ride even harder...warm up well...maybe some short, easy 2-3 second long pulls at 3/4 to full throttle. Stop, check out. Let cool.
Next ride full warm up...get on it. Longer pulls. Ease into heavier motor loading. Ride forever from there.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
4 heat cycles on the stand in the garage with the track off and some throttle sweeps then first take easy with not WOT over 4-6 seconds. after 30 miles game on!

Premium Features