• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

It's On Like Donkey Kong! (BDSO)

R
Nov 26, 2007
It's Back!

BIG DAWG SHOOTOUT is a go! After taking a year off and reflecting on BDSO of the past, Shaun and myself have decided to hold the BDSO again.
It will remain in Whistler/Pemberton and will be held on April,10th 2010.

So come on out and see the world's fastest Mountain sled be crowned, along with (if you think you have what it takes) KING OF THE HILL.:beer;

We will have more too follow.

Thanks to everyone who made the past events a success and hopfully we can make future event a success also.

Cheers: Paul Gibbs / Shaun Hamilton

BDSO 2010

Last edited:
A
Jan 26, 2008
The shop
Locals rate

It's Back!
BIG DAWG SHOOTOUT is a go! After taking a year off and reflecting on BDSO of the past, Shaun and myself have decided to hold the BDSO again.
It will remain in Whistler/Pemberton and will be held on April,10th 2010.
So come on out and see the world's fast Mountain sled be crowned, along with (if you think you have what it takes) KING OF THE HILL.:beer;
We will have more too follow.
Thanks to everyone who made the past events a success and hopfully we can make future event a success also.

Cheers: Paul Gibbs / Shaun Hamilton

Has this been cleared with the Pemberton Valley Snowmobile Club? At club meetings this year it was discussed that if your event was to happen again that money outstanding to the club from the past event would be paid first? Has this taken place? My 2 cents is you need to come up with a decent rate for Pemberton club members to use OUR TRAIL. Not the same rate as everyone else. Should be free with our season pass, but I'm sure club members who are watching the event would be willing to pay something, maybe half would be more reasonable. Not everyone from the club is going up to watch, but rather just going to ride OUR trail to the Ice cap to go ride for the day. Lastly, I have never seen the trail in such bad shape as the day of the last event? I was told the $30 I paid as a club member to your last event was for extra grooming? Perhaps you could mail me my $ 30 back? I think you guys put on a hell of a spectator show, just sharing my 2 cents from a local Pemberton club members perspective for you guys to think about. Oh ya, contact the "HAIR FARMERS" from Whistler to come play the tail gate party in the parking lot and you will really cap off the day!

H

HighMark Adventures

Nov 26, 2007
Chilliwack
www.highmarkadventures.com
Has this been cleared with the Pemberton Valley Snowmobile Club? At club meetings this year it was discussed that if your event was to happen again that money outstanding to the club from the past event would be paid first? Has this taken place? My 2 cents is you need to come up with a decent rate for Pemberton club members to use OUR TRAIL. Not the same rate as everyone else. Should be free with our season pass, but I'm sure club members who are watching the event would be willing to pay something, maybe half would be more reasonable. Not everyone from the club is going up to watch, but rather just going to ride OUR trail to the Ice cap to go ride for the day. Lastly, I have never seen the trail in such bad shape as the day of the last event? I was told the $30 I paid as a club member to your last event was for extra grooming? Perhaps you could mail me my $ 30 back? I think you guys put on a hell of a spectator show, just sharing my 2 cents from a local Pemberton club members perspective for you guys to think about. Oh ya, contact the "HAIR FARMERS" from Whistler to come play the tail gate party in the parking lot and you will really cap off the day!

HMMMM not sure if your trying to start something here of not . I`m guessing you were not at your last meeting. Paul and myself went to Pemberton and had a sit down with representatives from the PVSC. I suggest you contact Shirley(your secretary) so she can fill you in. We are all working together to make this happen.

This year any member of the club who show`s their membership and proof of id will be able to go up the trail for free The club is providing us with a list of all members. We confirm on list all is good.

If your referring to Kathy about the money thing ,that has been cleared up also. Not cool on your part for bringing some of this up in a public forum.

Feel free to pm Paul or myself if you have any other questions or issues.

Last edited:
A
Jan 26, 2008
The shop
HMMMM not sure if your trying to start something here of not . I`m guessing you were not at your last meeting. Paul and myself went to Pemberton and had a sit down with representatives from the PVSC. I suggest you contact Shirley(your secretary) so she can fill you in. We are all working together to make this happen.

This year any member of the club who show`s their membership and proof of id will be able to go up the trail for free The club is providing us with a list of all members. We confirm on list all is good.

If your referring to Kathy about the money thing ,that has been cleared up also. Not cool on your part for bringing some of this up in a public forum.

Feel free to pm Paul or myself if you have any other questions or issues.

Nope not trying to start anything at all, just letting you know what was said at the meeting you were supposed to present at, but didn't show. Missed last meeting, so my apologies. News letters don't go out with club meeting minutes. The next meeting , first thursday of every month there would be a re-cap of last meetings minutes. Kudo's for the club members list this year, as that is how it should be. Everyone I chatted with after the event( local club members) had issues with paying to ride there, and lack of grooming. I see nothing wrong questioning your event or sharing info " on a public forum", that's what they are for. If my post raised the hair on your back, perhaps your too sensitive, as the facts are the facts, and they were brought forward and you've responded. Great. Done. Look forward to your event in the spring. Have you contacted the Hair Farmers for the tail gate party live band?

R
Nov 26, 2007
Nope not trying to start anything at all, just letting you know what was said at the meeting you were supposed to present at, but didn't show. Missed last meeting, so my apologies. News letters don't go out with club meeting minutes. The next meeting , first thursday of every month there would be a re-cap of last meetings minutes. Kudo's for the club members list this year, as that is how it should be. Everyone I chatted with after the event( local club members) had issues with paying to ride there, and lack of grooming. I see nothing wrong questioning your event or sharing info " on a public forum", that's what they are for. If my post raised the hair on your back, perhaps your too sensitive, as the facts are the facts, and they were brought forward and you've responded. Great. Done. Look forward to your event in the spring. Have you contacted the Hair Farmers for the tail gate party live band?

Isn't it funny how weeks before the event there is no one up there when we are checking out the area for the event, but come the day of the event just about every member is there just for a ride!;) Just my 2 cents!

A
Jan 26, 2008
The shop
Isn't it funny how weeks before the event there is no one up there when we are checking out the area for the event, but come the day of the event just about every member is there just for a ride!;) Just my 2 cents!

Must have been a cloudy day. In end of march/ early april the Rutherford would be full when sunny. As locals in the sea to sky we are blessed with too many sick zones to mention, but when it's blue-bird the ice-caps are the "place". If it's not blue or even close to it, it's not even a thought. Now it sounds like you are trying to start something????:D:D:beer;:beer; You get a hold of the band yet?

R

Red Dog

Aug 29, 2001
This is awesome news, you two bust your arse for this event.Sound System provided by Red Dog if you want.Cheers Red Dog.

S
Nov 5, 2009
Forgive my ignorance, but what are you talking about?

OUR trails?

What state is this in? Is it ran by the mafia?

I ride in two states (California and Montana), only thing required by these state is an out of state tag. 30$ allows your out of state sled to ride California the entire year on any and all grooms trails or any trail you want to make.

Are you saying there are special fees to ride different areas?

A
Jan 26, 2008
The shop
Forgive my ignorance, but what are you talking about?

OUR trails?

What state is this in? Is it ran by the mafia?

I ride in two states (California and Montana), only thing required by these state is an out of state tag. 30$ allows your out of state sled to ride California the entire year on any and all grooms trails or any trail you want to make.

Are you saying there are special fees to ride different areas?

As Pemberton BC CANADA snowmobile Club members, when you purchase your snowmobile club membership it includes un-limited use of the RUTHERFORD forest service road that brings you to the Pemberton Ice Cap where the event is held. Pemberton snowmobile club grooms the road once/twice a week as needed and maintains the plowing of the parking lot etc. In past events, our membership for un-limited use of OUR trail was denied on that day. In past my group has gone riding for the day and caught some of the insane hill climbs on the way out. Definately worth getting to the hill climb portion earlier from what I saw the last time they were able to climb. At the last event the climb was to iced up, so nobody was climbing except the drunks, which was also entertaining to some degree??!?#?$%$

Premium Features