• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

hurricane gulch

A

AK HooligaN

Feb 15, 2008
I was just wondering if anyone has ever ridden up there. the north-east side of the bridge? I was hunting up there this season and its looks like it would be a pretty sweet riding area. thanks for any info!

AK HooligaN
ac m1k

T
Jan 13, 2008
north pole, ak
ya its a blast, rocky on the way in, skis get a little chewd up on the first face u climb but once ur back in there its good ridin everywhere. big open area with good snow usually. however it seems like every other time i ride there it is so flat light u cant even get in and out safely. but when the weathers good its one of my favorite spots even with a shorty.

A

AK HooligaN

Feb 15, 2008
thanks for the info. I'll be riding there this year! when the pics get in I'll post them.

BackCountryBasics

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho
www.backcountrybasics.com
When we use to live in Willow we rode that area quite a bit. I thought it was great riding at Hurricane & the area you pointed out. Stop in at Hatcher Pass Polaris, they can give you more info on that particular area, those guys ride there quite a bit.

A

AK HooligaN

Feb 15, 2008
went up to the gulch yesterday. snow was good there was about 3.5 feet not much of a base. pretty white out all day. still was fun, I think this area on a blue bird would be the tops. I'll post pics when I figue out how to post

U
Sep 21, 2008
Kaysville UT
It doesn't really get good until you go over the ridge.. You've gotta bear slightly left, and drop over the rocky knoll to the left, then over the ridge.. once over it's off the chain if the light is good..

A

AK HooligaN

Feb 15, 2008
pville maybe all that but hurricane gulch is at the base os the mountains. 5 minutes ridin time and your hill climbing, oh and not to mention on the way up your hittin st!TTwith the back side rollin out of it. thanks for the invite!!!!
pville I'm down. D nice

Premium Features