• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do Shock Service Manuals Exist?

T
Jul 13, 2001
UTAH!!
I'm just wondering if there is such thing as a service manual for shocks available.

I fancy myself an ok DIY mechanic. I'm certainly not afraid to rip into anything sitting around here. I'd like some material specific to Fox, ACT RydeFX, etc.

How do the service techs get trained? I've searched the internet hi and low, looking for material related to rebuilding shocks and I can't seem to find anything. There's got to be some info out there somewhere, huh?

I'm hoping someone can give me some direction.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Arlington, WA
The Cat performance manual gives some info. on serviceing shocks. Once you get into it you can have fun trying diff. options on valving, oils and spring rates. Also save $$$ on shock rebuilds.

Z
Dec 6, 2007
Edmonton
Shock service

Deycore is great for parts. I though they used to sell a video as well but didn't see it listed. You can check Carver Performance too. I also think that Offroad.com did an article on rebuilding under their snowmobile section.

Premium Features