• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colin Kaepernick - what a loser

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
So now, at that point, imagine you firmly believe that this set of events happens more often to one set of citizens than another, solely on the basis of their race. (You don't have to believe this, you just have to imagine that the protesters DO believe this.)

Wouldn't you want to do something to draw attention to that?

Your premise is faulty.
For the most part, I don't believe our great law enforcement officers are racially profiling. I presume that they are statistically profiling.

Per capita, non whites commit more crimes.
Non whites commit most of the police shootings.
Therefore it wise to look more closely at non whites.
Not doing so would be wasting the taxpayer's resources.

Nothing racist about it, it's simply applying comon math skills..

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Close minded people like you trying to stop someone from exercising their right to peaceful protest and ignoring anyone who thinks differently are far more disrespectful of everything your flag stands for than someone kneeling during the anthem. Those players care enough about the well being of Americans that they are willing to put their job and reputation on the line. They respect the flag and everyone who's died for it far more than you can comprehend, they are willing to risk everything they have worked their whole life for in an effort to make it a better place for all people regardless of race to live.

Yeah, they REALLY respect our flag.

DL-NoMGV4AAbzJb.jpg

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Your premise is faulty.
For the most part, I don't believe our great law enforcement officers are racially profiling. I presume that they are statistically profiling.

Per capita, non whites commit more crimes.
Non whites commit most of the police shootings.
Therefore it wise to look more closely at non whites.
Not doing so would be wasting the taxpayer's resources.

Nothing racist about it, it's simply applying comon math skills..

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5137

Highlights:

For the period 2008–12—
Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).
Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8–2.5 per 1,000).
The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks. However, the rate of violent victimization for Hispanics did not vary across poverty levels.
Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000).
Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).
Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

Violence correlates with income, not race. But I know, statistics are lies unless they say what you want.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN

Violence correlates with income, not race. But I know, statistics are lies unless they say what you want.

Couldn't you really correlate violence with whatever stats you wanted too?

For example.
How it relates to Income.
How it relates to race.
How it relates to geographic location.
How it relates to the car you drive.
How it relates to where you work.
How it relates to daylight hours.
How it relates to just about every type of stat you can find?

I mean really whatever narrative you want to make I bet you can find a stat to support it. Don't you think?

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Couldn't you really correlate violence with whatever stats you wanted too?

For example.
How it relates to Income.
How it relates to race.
How it relates to geographic location.
How it relates to the car you drive.
How it relates to where you work.
How it relates to daylight hours.
How it relates to just about every type of stat you can find?

I mean really whatever narrative you want to make I bet you can find a stat to support it. Don't you think?

I'm not going to spend a bunch of time doing research on this to try to convince people that don't care about evidence, so I'm going to say sure, you can correlate it with whatever you like.

I didn't claim causation, but I think income/income inequality is a better predictor than simply race. Sure POC are over-represented in the low income population, and the causes of that are up for debate as well.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I'm not going to spend a bunch of time doing research on this to try to convince people that don't care about evidence, so I'm going to say sure, you can correlate it with whatever you like.

I didn't claim causation, but I think income/income inequality is a better predictor than simply race. Sure POC are over-represented in the low income population, and the causes of that are up for debate as well.

Who said I don't care about the evidence? Or are you really just admitting that I'm right without actually having to say it? :face-icon-small-win

And you can think whatever you want as that is your opinion and you are fully entitled to that.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Who said I don't care about the evidence? Or are you really just admitting that I'm right without actually having to say it? :face-icon-small-win

And you can think whatever you want as that is your opinion and you are fully entitled to that.

Definitely. All these opinions are so much better than actual sources from people who study this stuff for a living.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Do you study this for a living?

Do you? If so, I will definitely put more weight behind your opinion. I do not. I did read a few sources, and posted one, that appeared to me to be credible. Unless I missed it, all that has been said in opposition to that hasn't refuted it.

I also find it interesting that the whole thing was started as being outraged about disrespect to the flag/military, but Dear Leader doing the same thing is ignored...

I'm also just getting tired of arguing with the same 2-3 people about these same issues. I know nothing said here will change anything and I'm not going to waste more of my time trying.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
You yourself agreed with me that the stats could be used to get across any point we wanted to. So doesn't that in itself refute what you are saying.......Or prove it also........Just depends on that stats we want to use.

But that's fine you can be done. I don't believe anyone was forcing you to keep coming back to this thread were they? (If they were I know a mod or two who could take care of them, just say the word).

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD

So, just to be clear, you are saying that my post was incorrect?
Because I am confident that it is not.
Just using race as a benchmark instead of wealth.
Which makes more sense for the police. After all, can an officer tell at a glance what someone's wealth status is?
Of course not!

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I will start off by criticizing our great President Trump.
Frankly, he sh!t the bed on this one.

He was right, but the way he said it along with the SOB remark galvanized both sides against the other, but he was right.
The NFL has chosen to enforce rules and imposing fines against players for:
Sock color
Shoe color
Headbands
Honoring breast cancer awareness
Honor fallen police officers
Honoring 911 victims
These are just a few examples of reasons that the NFL thought it was appropriate to enforce rules.
So our great President Trump is correct in suggesting that the league enforces their own guidelines pertaining to the National Anthem.

None of us could get away with actions that would affect our employers with this much negativity, particularly if doing so while "punched in".

Here's a thought, why not do something to raise awareness to your cause in a way that will pull both sides together?

Looking back, I was wrong in criticizing our great President Trump for devoting so much attention to this issue.
Turns out that he was right to do so, and helped us force the issue.

milehighassassin

Moderator: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 16, 2005
FOCO/VAIL
Why not?

At this point, it is what the fans want.
Shouldn't that be the point?
After all, they are there to entertain the fans. That's it.

It's not what the fans want. It's what you want.

They won't bench the stars because I pay money to see the stars. Money talk, BS walks.

The league makes way too much money. Why? Because of the players. I'm not going to a game to be patriotic. I'm not going to a game to see the owners in their luxury box. I go to the games to see the best professional football players in the world. These guys are the 0.01% of finest football players in the world.

Teams are paid to win, you can't win if you bench your star players.

It will get to the point that the players will just all sit out and refuse to play. Go ahead and replace them, it will be sub-par talent. The league tried to do that in 1982. Players sat out, the league told them they don't need them, hired scab replacement players and their ratings tanked.

Premium Features